Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

3rd Annual Rubicon Trip,with SoCal

Old 06-30-2014, 09:13 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKZinger
I just leave my ARB fridge in my doorless jeep and hope they leave it alone!
Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Hey Ken I do the same thing and to play it safe mine has Coor Light so the beers will never touch it!
Haha that's good to know! I'll probably just go freeze dried on this outing but I'll bring the Johnny Walker or Jameson just in case
Old 07-01-2014, 04:50 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Haha that's good to know! I'll probably just go freeze dried on this outing but I'll bring the Johnny Walker or Jameson just in case
We've been lucky,this time i'll a second large cooler to match the other.I pack it with dry ice and frozen soda bottles.Last for several days
Old 07-01-2014, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DJ1
We need to roll with the bear-proof coolers on this trip or is your standard no-frills igloo good to go? I've got both but the BP cooler is on the large end / takes up too much space.

....edit. Got a smaller one now.
I learned a trick from an old Boy Scout leader. Take a small Tupperware, sponge, and ammonia. Put the sponge in and fill to top of sponge with ammonia. Then place this on top of the cooler so that if a bear goes to the cooler all they smell is ammonia and hopefully leave your cooler alone. When you move camp just put the lid on the Tupperware for use at the next camp spot. I always put one or two, but never had a bear (that I know of)...
Old 07-01-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HolyMolyRacing
I learned a trick from an old Boy Scout leader. Take a small Tupperware, sponge, and ammonia. Put the sponge in and fill to top of sponge with ammonia. Then place this on top of the cooler so that if a bear goes to the cooler all they smell is ammonia and hopefully leave your cooler alone. When you move camp just put the lid on the Tupperware for use at the next camp spot. I always put one or two, but never had a bear (that I know of)...
The guys working and camping on the Rubicon all summer kept ammonia in camp for the same reason.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Nice trip
Old 07-01-2014, 05:28 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Well hell, that $8 tip coulda saved me the $220 I just dropped on a smaller BP cooler LOL. I'll use the tip regardless.

Maybe I'll put one on top of the Jeep

Plus my blue-light special igloo can't keep ice for squat so I needed a better, but smaller cooler anyway.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 PM
DJ1
Former Member

These damn sliders better show up on Thursday or I'm gonna be piiiiiisssssed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 6.34.49 PM.png
Views:	91
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	563025
Old 07-01-2014, 10:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got my t shirts! Awesome guys!!

Jeep will be back in action one week from today!
Old 07-01-2014, 11:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wonder if any of the So-cal guys are coming up early. Saw this super trick grey 4door on a trailer behind an RV on the 5 northbound. Lol could have been anybody but made me think *that guy looks like hes on a mission to Rubicon!*
Old 07-02-2014, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are Charcoal grills allowed?

Trying to decide what to bring.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Rubicon Trip,with SoCal