Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Labor Day Weekend in MoAb

Old 09-02-2008, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made it home with the family last night around 7:30. It took over 4 hours to get home from Reno due to Tahoe traffic! What a kick in the pants after a long trip

I don't want to incriminate myself by telling to many stories

Dave almost had a broken ankle due to sliding under my rear tire as he was spotting me and then a few minutes later(after the pain subsided slightly!)I got him to try Windowmaker at about 8PM after all day wheeling Golden Spike, Poison Spider, Gold Bar Rim and Metal Masher. First attempt on Windowmaker got Dave off line to the passenger side and he wasn't going up. Attempting to back down pushed his front passenger tire off the ground and he was nearly vertical already! Of course there were no good winch points above the obstacle so we jumped in my Jeep(now fairly dark) and tried to find the route that would take us around and to the top for me to strap him up. We never found the way and went back to his Jeep still running in vertical position. He came up with the idea to use my spare under his rear driver tire provide a more even surface for the two rear wheels to back down. That worked very well and he finally was able to back off the ledge and we could get the hell going. That was probably 9PM and we still had to find our way back to some kind of road. It seemed every 1/2 mile or so we would come up to a "Y" in the road and have to make a decision on which way to turn. The map that we had was not very detailed after the Widowmaker. There was lightning in the area but somehow it never poured on us! We made it back to Moab around 10:30 about 12 hours after our morning departure. I never got to try Widowmaker, but we both made it through Rock Chucker no problem and on the Golden Spike we made Double Wammy look like a joke with the 4 doors! Golden Crack was sweet and I'll get some pics up soon(I'm at work now)

Dave, hope your leg is OK Let me know if you get an x-ray.

Starting Moab Rim at 7:30PM probably wasn't a smart idea, although the view at night from the rim is awesome,not to mention the stars.

Last edited by kidjeep; 09-02-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Btw, got my X-ray result back, no fractured bones or anything, just some pain remaining on my leg muscles. Thank god~

So...since I am okay...

Fordyce? ( I was so tempted when drove by Fordyce and to just camp over night at Angel Camp and hope to run the Foryce the next day )
Old 09-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

And I have realized that you and I are like the "double troubles" on the trail
Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by R8R ROK
Damm guys , I wish I could hang with you two. Can't wait to be able to hook up.
Woulda been "triple troubles"

I think bunch of us Nor-Cal guys are trouble and yea that includes Rampage, Liz, Matt, Zip, and some of other you know who you are.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Awesome pic! I've seen many rigs on there side in that exact spot on the escalator. Hell's is a great trail! Too bad we missed you guys there. We were on Kane Creek Trail that day. I will post up some pix soon!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
Awesome pic! I've seen many rigs on there side in that exact spot on the escalator. Hell's is a great trail! Too bad we missed you guys there. We were on Kane Creek Trail that day. I will post up some pix soon!
I saw a few JK during the early evening on the Main st. You might be one of them.

Quick Reply: Labor Day Weekend in MoAb