Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Slick Rock Memorial Day Weekend

Old 05-19-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got it fixed under warranty after about a month
Old 05-19-2014, 09:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Guys....Been a while since I have been on the forums here....pretty much lived on here for the first 3 years of having Megatron....but then 2 kids later...and well... you know the story. Anyways.. I am writing as we just moved to Dublin CA from North Texas....and I am looking for trails in the area to take the family out on....and saw this post. I might be able to make the trip if you guys don't mind me and the family tagging along. I have just a few questions...since I will have a 10 month old...are there any really bouncy spots....that I will have to rock up and back to get over... I ask because I don't want to throw my daughter and dog around in the back. I guess the wife could get out and hold her....but if there is ice and snow at these locations... that might not be a good idea either..

Not to threadjack either....but is there a link to the trails around the area on the forum..

PS...North California IS the reason for having a jeep...the perfect place to have a Jeep.

Looking forward to meeting some peeps in the near future!!!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:23 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NeverStock
Hey Guys....Been a while since I have been on the forums here....pretty much lived on here for the first 3 years of having Megatron....but then 2 kids later...and well... you know the story. Anyways.. I am writing as we just moved to Dublin CA from North Texas....and I am looking for trails in the area to take the family out on....and saw this post. I might be able to make the trip if you guys don't mind me and the family tagging along. I have just a few questions...since I will have a 10 month old...are there any really bouncy spots....that I will have to rock up and back to get over... I ask because I don't want to throw my daughter and dog around in the back. I guess the wife could get out and hold her....but if there is ice and snow at these locations... that might not be a good idea either..

Not to threadjack either....but is there a link to the trails around the area on the forum..

PS...North California IS the reason for having a jeep...the perfect place to have a Jeep.

Looking forward to meeting some peeps in the near future!!!
Yes, there is rock crawling and ledges on this trail, so unless you go really slow they will probably move around a little. I would guess that there will be plenty of dry spots for them to get out. Gonna be pretty cold if you camp though. Probably 30s at night.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:24 AM
JK Junkie

Looks like it is snowing a little up at Slickrock! Should make it more fun!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:50 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKZinger
Looks like it is snowing a little up at Slickrock! Should make it more fun!
by Friday though it looks like upper 70's.Will watch forecast
Old 05-20-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I may be able to make it up for a day trip. Would Sat or Sun be better for a day-trip?
Old 05-20-2014, 03:16 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by jonboy74
I may be able to make it up for a day trip. Would Sat or Sun be better for a day-trip?
Looks like we'll have bigger group on Sat. but we are planning to wheel both days
Old 05-20-2014, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by familytime
Looks like we'll have bigger group on Sat. but we are planning to wheel both days
When are folks meeting and hitting the trail? I'm trying to make the arrangements for someone to watch the kids to join y'all....
Old 05-20-2014, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I am in. Coming up Friday for 1 night.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Hayward, Scott is planning to drive up Friday with us. Will meet us somewhere on 4. You guys running doorless and topless? I am planning on it.

Quick Reply: Slick Rock Memorial Day Weekend