Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Slickrock Trail Run - Sunday 07/20/08

Old 07-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eddie & Liz: If I am able to make it. Can my friends bring their rigs as well? Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee and my WJ Grand Cherokee.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:17 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kidjeep
After Saturday, I've been thinking about trying to find a co-worker to cover my call on Sunday...It's a lot to ask, but I may get a taker and join in?

Between the name of the trail and the pictures from last year, it's gonna be brutal knowing ya'll are out there!
LOL!! I had a feeling that you might find a way to join us

Originally Posted by R8R ROK
Anyone know how long this run will take? I really want to make it but I am not sure about the logistics and my ability/capability. I have had my JK since October. I have done a bunch of Moderate trails with a few small sections of difficult trails in Hollister / Death Valley and the Downieville/Sierra City area. I have a Sahara (No lockers) with the Rubicon Tires / Rubicon Rock rails / Tera Flex 2.5" budget boost / Ranch 9000 shocks. This sounds like a lot of fun. I just don't want to get in over my head. Especially because I will need to bring my wife and kids along. It sounds like an awesome trip that I would love to make. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Stacy
Hey Stacy, this really would be a perfect trail for you and your abilities. While it is challenging, it's really not so much that your JK won't be able to handle - trust me. Likewise, we will spot you through anything you want and will not take you over anything you can't handle. Nobody want to get damage here.

Oh, the trail is relatively short and normally takes about 3 hours to run but I would add in a couple more as there are so many photo ops and I know you're gonna want some of you

Originally Posted by MBATF
Just as I expected...my mother decide to fly to US TOMORROW!!!!

I will do my best and make the trip....Can't promise anything right now...I really really want to go!!!!!

And If I do show I think I will be camp over night again.
Oh bummer - i sure hope you can find a way to make it.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:20 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by kidjeep
Read the trail report(link in first post) from last year and I think you'll feel more comfortable in trying this trail. It sounds like it would be just right for you. I believe it said 3 hours on the trail. Forget your driving experience and perceived lack of equipment and trust in the JK!
i just posted before reading this

Originally Posted by R8R ROK
Chip,

Cool I think I am in. Now I just need to figure out it all out. I just have some serious convincing to do. I had some previous plans but this trip sounds awesome.
trust me, you DEFINITELY want to do this trail and you will have a ton of fun. heck, if we finish up early, there is a great fishing area at the end we can chill at. as for the kids, there are some amazing pools of water that the creek has cut into the granite and are a lot of fun to play in

Originally Posted by MBATF
Eddie & Liz: If I am able to make it. Can my friends bring their rigs as well? Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee and my WJ Grand Cherokee.
hell yeah!! everyone is welcome to join us
Old 07-15-2008, 05:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Wow! Looks like it is going to be a nice turnout!

Chip---->I too had a feeling this trip was taunting you and you would find a way out of work.

Stacy, looking forward to meeting you
Old 07-15-2008, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Man you guys are killing me!

I am selling my tickets and camping passes for Moto GP.

Will be heading up to Bear Valley the night before. Not sure where we are going to stay yet. Anyone else doing this or have any suggestions?

Since the trail is short, maybe we should run it both directions! I will be bringing trail snacks and lunch to have on the trail.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:44 AM
JK Jedi

Talking

Originally Posted by PeeJ_Zip

Will be heading up to Bear Valley the night before. Not sure where we are going to stay yet. Anyone else doing this or have any suggestions?

Since the trail is short, maybe we should run it both directions! I will be bringing trail snacks and lunch to have on the trail.
I knew you would cave!

Camping sounds fun ----> I am unfamiliar with the area.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:51 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by PeeJ_Zip

There is great camping right at Alpine Lake and I'm pretty sure there is lodging in Bear Valley as well.

The trail is short mile wise but is technical enough that with a good size group, can take some time to traverse - especially when we're filming and taking photos
Old 07-15-2008, 07:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

i almost forgot - if you haven't seen it already, here is link to the video we made of our run on Slickrock last year....

can't wait to go
Old 07-15-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Jedi

Smile

Wayoflifette sure has a talent for putting together videos.

What lift & tire size were you running then?
...Looks like I might have to stack a rock or 2 as a bumper saver
But then again it might be a good excuse to get new ones if my stockers get boo-boo's
Old 07-15-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think I am going to go for lodging in the area in all honesty. I do not have the appropriate camping gear yet.

Quick Reply: Slickrock Trail Run - Sunday 07/20/08