Notices
NorCal If you live in Northern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum Jeepers near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Suggest a trail.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggest a trail.

Hi all. Can anyone suggest some trails for a day trip out of Sacramento. I want to do something that I haven't done before and unless someone is up for joining me I would running it solo. My JK is a unlimited Rubicon with an OME kit and I am running 33" tires. I don't have a winch, so please no trails that I wouldn't be able to do.

Trails that I have did are-

Strawberry Pass
Deer Valley
Signal Hill
Eagles Lake
and pretty much everything around Bishop.

If anyone is interested in joining me on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week I would be thrilled.

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lightbulb

Bear Valley was a mellow run.
That is off of 89.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can try barrett lake jeep trail, going there tomorrow! I will let you know how it is.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by brknmach
You can try barrett lake jeep trail, going there tomorrow! I will let you know how it is.

Cool, I have wanted to do that trail. Let me know how it is. Would you be available to go Wed. of next week?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:40 PM
JK Newbie

I'm going to be at Lassen National Park this weekend with some camping/hiking buddies. They don't wheel, but there are a few trails up there that might be worth checking out. I think it's about 3 hours from you.

I found these two in the The Charles Wells book...Pelligreen Jeepway (rated moderate) and High Lakes (rated difficult). Anyone hear of them?

If you're up for making the trip I'm sure I could sneak away from my friends for a day if it will get my tires a little dirty I'll be headed in that direction on Friday from the SF bay.

Anyone else would be welcome too... Unfortunately I don't know if I can host a bunch of people at our campsite since it's part of this adventure group I'm in (hope that doesn't sound too rude).
Old 08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

i'll have to double check my schedule but i'm usually off on tuesday's. i'd be up for joining ya on a quick trip if i don't have work that day. i'll let you know.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Monty-
i'll have to double check my schedule but i'm usually off on tuesday's. i'd be up for joining ya on a quick trip if i don't have work that day. i'll let you know.
Cool!! Let know if it works out. I am looking at doing something around Tahoe area. Any ideas?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by senor tortuga
Cool!! Let know if it works out. I am looking at doing something around Tahoe area. Any ideas?
just checked, i have work scheduled on tuesday. i am free the following tuesday though.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Monty-
just checked, i have work scheduled on tuesday. i am free the following tuesday though.
As far as I know I could do the following Tuesday th 9th. Keep me posted.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by brknmach

How was Barrett Lake? Did go yesterday?

Quick Reply: Suggest a trail.