Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Anyone from Bend, Oregon?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Christine
Oregon insurance isn't much cheaper than Cali. I haven't transferred my Jeep over yet, just my husbands Xterra. His is $47 a month (full coverage, liab. limits 100/300, $1000 deductibles) Oregon has a mandatory $15000 personal injury addition that Cali doesn't have.
Ok. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is a sweet town you got it all there.
I'm going back...
Old 03-04-2011, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah Central Oregon as a whole has pretty much everything you could ever want as far as the outdoors goes. You have Mt. Bachelor, and Hoodoo for skiing/snowboarding plus hundreds of miles of snowmobile trails. It gets hot in the summer here so you have 20+ lakes all within a short drive for wakeboarding/skiing. Tons of fishing, camping, wheeling spots. Plus there is some of the best micro brew beer companies in the world here such as : Deschutes Brewery, Cascade Lakes, Ten Barrel, etc.... Dang it i went and made myself thirsty.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:45 AM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My biggest complaint with central Oregon (really all of the Pacific Northwest) is that it is so volcanic. If you are not on established trails the sharp volcanic cobbles and boulders are gnarly and really make it tough going.

Having said that, have you been to the ORV park West of Klamath Falls? It is great, plus it has a shooting range! Not really close to Bend, I know...
Old 03-04-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blw
My biggest complaint with central Oregon (really all of the Pacific Northwest) is that it is so volcanic. If you are not on established trails the sharp volcanic cobbles and boulders are gnarly and really make it tough going.

Having said that, have you been to the ORV park West of Klamath Falls? It is great, plus it has a shooting range! Not really close to Bend, I know...
I haven't but would like to check it out. K falls isn't too far from here. As far as the volcanic areas is that if you get up in the hills a bit you don't get it as bad and you have a lot more trails that are fun.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

How does Redmond compare to Bend? When we went to Bend we drove through Redmond but didn't stop. I work for the post office so if I can transfer to either one of these places I would be happy.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Redmond is a little better as far as dealing with the tourist crowd and all. They are only 15 minutes apart so its not a bad drive if you want something from bend. Home prices are a bit cheaper too. I prefer redmond to bend mainly because it is a little smaller but still has everything you could want or need.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robkd
Redmond is a little better as far as dealing with the tourist crowd and all. They are only 15 minutes apart so its not a bad drive if you want something from bend. Home prices are a bit cheaper too. I prefer redmond to bend mainly because it is a little smaller but still has everything you could want or need.
Right on! We were even looking at Alfalfa just because we want to buy 5-10 acres so we can stretch our legs. Next time we go up there we will give Redmond a closer look.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is a nice area too, but a lot of the property out there dosn't have power, water, etc.... not all of it is like that but a majority is. Tumalo, Tetherow Crossing are good places to look at for good property value and nice places too. Tumalo is in between Bend, Redmond, and Sisters Tetherow Crossing is a little west and kind of a suburb subdivision of Redmond.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

I would be happy with anything in the area. I was looking at some real estate websites the other day and prices have dropped quite a bit compared to when we first started looking. Hope we can get up there before they go up.

Quick Reply: Anyone from Bend, Oregon?