Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Tahuya Run

Old 03-19-2013, 04:22 AM
WOG
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahuya Run

I am planning a short notice tahuya run on Sunday the 24th. We will stage in Issaquah at the Fred Meyers by the Starbucks at 8am leave at 9am sharp. Remember to bring a 5 dollar bill for the return toll. ALL are welcome, the trail is considered moderate with some difficult and extreme areas. The Hard areas do have bypasses. Pre meeting for those who are local is still tentative but thinking the Triple xxx root beer stand in issaquah On Friday evening 6PM. Contact me if you have any questions.
Also the newer south loop has some pretty fun obstacles for every level of Wheeler, hope to hear from you.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs down

Man, I'd go with you but I'm stuck working......
Old 03-19-2013, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

I may join you guys. I'm jonesin' for some dirt. I'll let you know as we get closer. I'd meet you guys there most likely though. Issaquah is a long ways out of my way.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 AM
WOG
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mdash
I may join you guys. I'm jonesin' for some dirt. I'll let you know as we get closer. I'd meet you guys there most likely though. Issaquah is a long ways out of my way.
Excellent! We will set up in the staging area just across from the entrance for those who drive out another way. If you email me privately I will give you my # so we can set the actual ORV entry time.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:26 AM
WOG
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by triumphwes
Man, I'd go with you but I'm stuck working......
No worries I will be testing tons of equipment over the next month so I will set up more outings.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as my schedule stays clear I'm in. Not familiar with the area but you send me an address and I'll figure it out. Like mdash I'm going through wheeling with drawls!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 PM
WOG
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronin2120
As long as my schedule stays clear I'm in. Not familiar with the area but you send me an address and I'll figure it out. Like mdash I'm going through wheeling with drawls!!!
Here is the address and the map of the trails.
Tahuya State Forest 4x4 loop trail
Distance: 6.7 miles with some new obstacles
Approx Running time: As long as you want!
Difficulty: Easy to extreme depending of area but mainly easy
Pass Needed: Washington St. Discover Pass
Address: Head toward Bremerton then follow signs south to Belfair from Belfair drive south on Northshore Rd. following the signs for Belfair State park. 3.4 miles from Belfair and just under a mile past the state park entrance turn right onto Belfair-Tahuya road. Follow Belfair-Tahuya road 1.75 miles to the intersection with Elfendahl Pass Road. Turn Right and continue on Elfendahl Pass road for another 2.3 miles to the trailhead. The road to the right is the staging area, the trailhead is on the left side of the road. This trail is bidirectional but most people stay tot he right.
You may have to cut and past the link for the PDF map below.

http://www.visitkitsap.com/pdfs/trails/tahuya_both.pdf

WOG
Old 03-19-2013, 12:23 PM
WOG
JK Enthusiast

Default Staging area

Looks like there should be a few of us heading out so the best time so far is 10:30am at the Elfendahl Pass staging/campground just right of the entrance of the trail. I will bring a set of two way radios for the lead and tail jeeps. I look forward to meeting you all out there.
WOG
Old 03-19-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After the mollies addition on the south loop, the trail is now up around 7.5 miles. Wranglerforum folks were up from the Portland Saturday and I showed them around Tahuya.
NWApache showed up late and a few folks headed back out with him after we had met back at the staging area. 21 Jeeps on the trail at the same time.

Bob K.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:37 PM
WOG
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nwbronco
After the mollies addition on the south loop, the trail is now up around 7.5 miles. Wranglerforum folks were up from the Portland Saturday and I showed them around Tahuya.
NWApache showed up late and a few folks headed back out with him after we had met back at the staging area. 21 Jeeps on the trail at the same time.

Bob K.
Very Cool, I was out three weeks ago testing some new equipment and adding a dent and had a great time on the south loop including the small boulder area. Are you going to make it out this time Bob?
Philip.

Quick Reply: Tahuya Run