Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Walker Valley Saturday March 3rd

Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I printed that map yesterday and I saw the "P" I just wasn't sure if that was a good meet spot or if there was somewhere better or different. So, I'll update the main post to say meet in that parking lot at 10am on Saturday, March 3rd. That will give us southenders time to get there.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mdash
I printed that map yesterday and I saw the "P" I just wasn't sure if that was a good meet spot or if there was somewhere better or different. So, I'll update the main post to say meet in that parking lot at 10am on Saturday, March 3rd. That will give us southenders time to get there.
Okay I'm all in for this run. A great place to meet is the 76 station at the I5 exit for Lake McMurray. On the way, easy to find everyone and can top off. Those who want to meet there at 9:30 would make the staging area by 10.

Should be fun. Hopefully a Walker vet will come along as that place is a maze and only know a little of it.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blueice
Walker sure has a rep. My only trouble in Walker has been hard top scrape on leaning trees with tight turns and needing to flex over roots. I think for the future topless or soft top will be best for me on a JKU with 37s and 5+" of lift.

I'm contemplating joining. Maybe we can get Fred or Boosted Bill to lead us. Are you guys listening
Let me know if you decide to go. I know Walker like the back of my hand....

For those of you that have not been up there before, yes its tight in some spots but very doable if you are patient and drive smart. Stock Rubi is fine as you have some rocker protection, Sahara's and Sport's, you might suffer some rocker damage on the trails that we normally go on however there are many other trails that you would be fine on as well.

For everyone....if you dont have pinstripes on your Jeep now, you will after going up to Walker. Until the volunteers do their normal after winter cleanup, the trails are going to be pretty narrow with black berry bushes lining both sides of the trail. Expect to get a few scratches.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Okay Bill I'll take you up on that offer. See on the 3rd. Mark looks like we have a guide:yup
Old 02-24-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds good Gary....see you there.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Okay Bill I'll take you up on that offer. See on the 3rd. Mark looks like we have a guide:yup
Woot!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Okay I'm all in for this run. A great place to meet is the 76 station at the I5 exit for Lake McMurray. On the way, easy to find everyone and can top off. Those who want to meet there at 9:30 would make the staging area by 10.

Should be fun. Hopefully a Walker vet will come along as that place is a maze and only know a little of it.
Sounds good Gary. We'll be heading from Auburn so I'll have a 100 miles on the tank before even getting to the trailhead so i'll def. need to top off.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Add another to the list!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

I will do my best to go next weekend. Was just there yesterday. Last minute thing. It started snowing on the way up and by noon it was clear and white. Excellent day all around. Twists were tight and murder with the wet soggy snow. Came within an inch of cracking the hard top a few times. You think you're clear of a tree then hit a rock and slide a foot toward it.

Looking forward to seeing blueice's rig in action.

FYI. You need a discover pass now. Can't get one at the 76 station or the other across the freeway. Pick it up before you come out. 10$ is better than 300 for a ticket. I saw 2 official looking vehicles out there. Might have been us forest service.

-Branden
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2419908975.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	282492  

Last edited by DropkickPhoenix; 02-26-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, Walker isn't very hardtop friendly. I put my soft top back on for Walker. It will give some plus easy to take down if need be.

Quick Reply: Walker Valley Saturday March 3rd