Notices
Northwest If you live in the North West (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Yakima/Ellensburg Jeeps Where You At?

Old 05-25-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jam session
I'd love to do a camping trip to Liberty too, so let me know when you plan to go.

And BTW Gary, curious minds want to know what could possibly be left to mod on your jeep at Northridge? Pretty impressive list of equipment in your profile already
-had to fix a failed bead lock and mount new MTR
- switched to Poison Spyder steel crusher flares
- added Posion Spyder crusher corners and led tail lights
- added full PSC hydro steering ram assist (Moab took heavy tool on box)
- added tranny/hydro steering cooler
- added 10" rigid light bar on bull bar
- added half doors/soft uppers for wheelin days in trees and rocks (tired of hitting my steel doors in rougher weather)

Much of this is for rubicon this summer where turning on rocks all day is the norm and a little more armor is good. And the armor for Walker will come in handy as well. Plus a little light envy after following Alex and David Johnson at night on steel bender.

There is always more for our rigs D60's after the 44's fail in the future, hopefully not for a couple of years.

The powder coat on the Poison Spyder armor was delayed some and hopefully Northridge can finish today.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blueice
-
There is always more for our rigs
Isn't that the truth! Thanks for the update. Sweet!

I have a regear in my future plans. Have you been happy with your 37s, auto and 5.13? I'm trying to decide if I want to do 5.13 with 35s on my 2D.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Gary- I continue to envy you......... cool upgrades. Can't wait to see the jeep again.

Jam- What are you toying between? 5.13's or ...? I know grenadeacorn has 5.13's and he's run 35's and 37's. From what I understand he liked that gear ratio. I'm actually thinking of maybe going even steaper to 5.38's with my 35's. Just because I never take my jeep over 70mph anyway.

Ps. This is a bonified thread jack.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was considering 4.88s since I plan to run 33s for daily driving on my stock wheels, with 35s on beadlocks for trails. I too rarely go over 70. 60-65 is typ on the freeway until you get well out of town. Of course there is always the chance that I will want 37s some day
Old 05-25-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

See, now your talkin' lol. I'm figuring i'll run the 35's till there dead then I see 37's in my future too.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mdash
See, now your talkin' lol. I'm figuring i'll run the 35's till there dead then I see 37's in my future too.
My rig is ready. Yippie.

Gary H and I are running Liberty Sunday for a day run. Any interest in joining us? More info on meeting place to come. We'll leave early as its 2 hours to the staging area.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd love to go but can't make it Sun due to family plans Sun and Mon. I really want to do an overnight trip to Liberty sometime soon so hopefully can work that out (more like 3hrs for me). I am going to Evans tomorrow so that will be my wheeling for the weekend. Have a good time and please post a report.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blueice
My rig is ready. Yippie.

Gary H and I are running Liberty Sunday for a day run. Any interest in joining us? More info on meeting place to come. We'll leave early as its 2 hours to the staging area.
I'm over here, but in the wrong car! Let me know if you guys want to take the scenic route back and meet me in Leavenworth for dinner.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, I'm in for Sunday too. Anyone else? Mdash?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Wish I could guys. I'll be in cle elum tomorrow but not to go wheelin' unfortunately. Have a good time.

Quick Reply: Yakima/Ellensburg Jeeps Where You At?