Notices
Outdoor Sports General discussion forum for those of you interested in outdoor sports such as mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, skiing, water skiing, ATV's etc.

Any Disc Golfers?

Old 06-15-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Disc Golfers?

I am just curious to see if there are any other Disc Golf players on the forums. I have been playing for about 5 years now. I don't get out but a few times a year though. I have seen a couple of TJ drivers out on the courses or driving around with related stickers.

I have more than 20 discs. Most of them are Innova brand. I find I do the best with my original equipment:
170g Valkyrie Champion
167g Cheetah DX
165g Aviar Putt & Approach DX

I even have my own basket that I have set up in my yard for putting practice. I putt fairly well, my drives are pretty sad though.

Anyone else?
Old 06-15-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

DISC GOLF RULES!!!

I've only been playing for 2 years but try to get out anytime I can.

I throw forehand mostly, so I use a Star Boss or DisCraft Flick

If I back hand, it really depends on the hole, but I use my Orion LF and Champion Beast quit a bit.

I also use the Buzzz and Roc depending on the situation.

I put with an old school Star Aero, (it held the world record for distance in the 80's!)

Like offroading and Jeeps, disc golf is totally good times!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I use to play quite a bit a number of years ago. However, one of the coolest courses I have come across was while wheeling in Moab. On the trail called Chicken Corners, there is a place out there called Base Camp Adventure Lodge. They have one of the most extreme disc golf courses! We stayed there a night and played a few holes. Good times in the desert!

Here is a link to some info on it - http://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Base_Camp
Old 06-15-2011, 05:53 PM
JK Jedi

This is the first time I've ever heard of it....had to look it up on Wikipedia. Interesting...
Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im in, I have been playing for about 2 yrs and really dig-it and its a good time way to be outside and hang with the boys. I have about 15 or so disc and all of them are Innova. Driving- descent, Fairway- Pretty spot on, Putting- usually pretty good, but it all depends on the day. Good times for sure......
Old 06-15-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

I used to play about fifteen years ago. I even did some competitions in Amarillo, Lubbock, and Austin. Did horribly, but it was fun.

Found some of my old discs a while back while cleaning out the attic. I should go play a round or two soon. Thanks for bringin it up.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been amazed at how much this sport has grown in the past few years. Just about every sporting goods store has discs, bags, and nets. There are new courses popping up all over the place. If you are interested in playing, there is more than likely a course near you. I have introduced a number of people to the sport and just let them use my extra discs. Since the cost to get your own stuff is so cheap ($8 - $20 a disc), you don't have to sacrifice getting mods for the Jeep.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/

I find that good days to just go cruising in the Jeep with the top down are also good days for disc golf. Obviously, other people must think the same thing given the course at MOAB.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I play!! only been at it for about 2 months now. I usually play about 4 times a week. Freedom park in valdosta GA. Check it out
Old 12-05-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Insane for the Chains

Been playing for years. Started in college and have been throwing ever since. We have three courses here in Sprinfield but we get around central IL a bit in the summer. I have a whole c**p load of discs but usually play with the same two everytime i go out.

If anyone is interested in picking up some discs PM me. Actually I have a JEEP brand duffel that i modified into a pretty sweet disc golf bag. It has shoulder straps, towel and slots for like 20 odd discs. I may part with the whole setup (discs included) if the price is right.

Anyone wants pics let me know.

Last edited by bodhi117; 12-05-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default Love to Bang Chains!!

Haven't played in about 5 months, but as soon as my schedule and the weather sync up, I'm down.
I use Innova Star Wraith for my drivers and Omega Super Softs for my approach/putter.
Hopefully those are the only two I need for each hole.
I'll use a Valkyrie or Shark for a mid-range approach depending on distance.

I throw RHBH, but I'll bust out the tomahawk if I can't get around a tree.
I mostly play in North Dallas, but have played in Austin and Waco.

Has anyone ever Aced a hole?
I got my first last year (after 15 years of playing!!) Hole #16 par 3 310ft at Greenbelt in Carrollton, TX.
Doubt it will ever happen again.

Quick Reply: Any Disc Golfers?