Notices
Outdoor Sports General discussion forum for those of you interested in outdoor sports such as mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, skiing, water skiing, ATV's etc.

Any mountain bikers?

Old 07-26-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kntr
We are only staying here in Silver Star for 3 days. I will be in Whistler 4 days untill Sat. We are leaving before Crank Worx. We usually hit the Shore, but my wife is with me on this trip. She has a hard time on the Shore.... who doesnt though? I will be back in Sept on a guy trip though. What day will you be in Whistler?

How long did it take for you to get back on your game after your concussion? My balance is a little off. Its only been 7 days though.
I'm still trying to figure out when my buddies are free for whistler, but I will most likely be up there for at least one day next week. I remember it took me a little while to get myself back together after my big crash/concussion, i was KO'ed for almost 2 minutes, and do not remember anything. I dont think i got back on the bike for about 10 days or so after it happened, and I remember still being off for a little while....even if you're feeling alright it takes a mental toll on you as well.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

I had a concussion last year at a new DH park where I used to live. Went over the handlebars and konked for about a minute. My buddy's GPS said that we were doing about 30-40kph, I believe it.

Bike was fine, cept for the seat (WTF?!?) was toast, as was my helmet. Thank God for Oakley polycarb lenses, probably saved my left eye.

Truth be told, I probably shouldn't have gone that day, I'm used to XC riding (riding a '07 Rocky Mountain Fusion hardtail) but a buddy wanted to try out the new hill and I was dumb enough to join him. Now I stick to XC, till I get a good DH bike.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Junkie

Wanna buy a 2005 Big Hit that is tricked out?
Old 07-28-2008, 02:01 AM
JK Newbie

Hello from Spain! I also love mountain biking. I like XC trails and some enduro light trails.

I have a '07 Lapierre X-Control with VPP system, full XT & Sram X9, formula oro brakes, Revelation 426 u-turn, thomson masterpiece, ritchey... my wife has a '07 Specialized FSR XC Woman, '08 brakes and stuff XT & lx crankset, mavic rims, Reba at 115mm. etc.

and here we go

here yo can see barcelona city, and to the bottom the mediterranian sea would be seen if the day was not cloudy

and at this forum link you can watch a video from a trail.http://www.penyamussolenca.org/foro/...&sd=a&start=75
Old 07-28-2008, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Love that cliff pic... if you tried to carve one like that out here the environmentalists and sh*t disturbers would be up in arms (sigh).

Not that I don't mind environmentalists...
Old 07-28-2008, 10:01 PM
JK Freak

this might be the wrong place to ask this since some of you guys seem like professional mountain bikers... anyhow, i found a Jeep bike on craigslist for a killer deal. have any of you ridden a Jeep bike? are they any good?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:44 PM
JK Newbie

This cliff was carved on the century XIX to enable the person's step between two mountains towns. The pictures look like more fear what really they are. If you watch the video at link you can see this cliff trail. Ah! we were crossing the narrow steps by foot.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Hey, Kntr,

Good luck with the recovery from the concussion. I'd definitely like to see those pics from Whistler.

It's been 7 weeks since I tore my MCL. On Tuesday, I see the doc and find out when I can start riding again. It sucks having to sit the summer out like this.

-Glen
Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 PM
JK Junkie

Im going back to Whistler again. This is a guy trip. If anyone wants to go let me know. We will be there Sept 14-20. I will be driving from Montana and we can pick you up on the way. We have two spots left. Let me know.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

For all you crazy mountain bikers, if you need a way to haul a lot of bikes, here's what I did. I'm going to be taking the Boy Scout troop on a 80 ride next year and needed a way to haul the bikes the trail head and back home again.

Equipment:
Warrior Products Safra rack system
1 - 8' 2x4 (cut in half)
7 - Fork Blocks (pick up truck bed style)
4 - U bolts (can't remember the size)
14 - 2.5" x 9/16" bolts with flat washers & locking washers

Attach the blocks 8" apart, 4 will go on one 2x4 and 3 on the other. Be sure to stagger them.

Use the U bolts to attach to the bottom bar of the rack, tighten good, but not so much that you crack the wood.

I use velcro straps to hold the rear wheel down, but have found that it will slide side to side, so still working on a better way to secure the back.

The only issues I've come across have been handle bars of certain bikes don't line up, so I loosen one bar and adjust the angle, so they don't rub. As mentioned above the rear tire sliding. the outside bikes are easy sa I just strap them to the side. lastly, watch out for low branches and drive thru's. With the bikes on, I'm just over 9' tall.

I've done some tough trails with 4 bikes and have had no issues with them coming loose, just make sure the forks are tight and use heavy duty velcro it you use that.

Quick Reply: Any mountain bikers?