Notices
Outdoor Sports General discussion forum for those of you interested in outdoor sports such as mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, skiing, water skiing, ATV's etc.

Winter Park, CO ski resort

Old 12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winter Park, CO ski resort

So I'm in the process of planning a ski/snowboard trip out to Colorado and Winter Park is our destination! I was just wondering if anyone on the forum has been there, from there or has any helpful info about it? I know the skiing is gonna be great so I guess I was wondering about the town, we're going over New Years and looking to party I know I'll get helpful info from my fellow Jeepers

So to all the Coloradans out there; hows Winter Park?

Matt
Old 12-06-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was only there once for one day, by myself. I had a total blast!! I was on a business trip to Denver and took the "ski train" up for the day! I'm sure you're staying in Winter Park, but the train ride was absolutely amaizing!! Have fun!!

Last edited by BARNO; 12-08-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

WP is beautiful and the skiing is great....its not really known for partying and the town isnt very large.... we stay at a lodge called "woodspur" which rocks if you looking for a nice place to stay.

Have fun!

LnuFnu
Old 12-07-2008, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BARNO
I was only there once for one day, by myself. I had a total blast!! I was on a business trip to Denver and took the "ski" train up for the day! I'm sure your staying in Winter Park, but the train tide was absolutely amaizing!! Have fun!!
Originally Posted by lnufnu
WP is beautiful and the skiing is great....its not really known for partying and the town isnt very large.... we stay at a lodge called "woodspur" which rocks if you looking for a nice place to stay.

Have fun!

LnuFnu
good deal! Sounds like it's a fun spot. I kinda figured it was a town not big into partying, but hopefully there will be some fun parties over New Years. I'm most interested in boarding but some other female members of our group are interested in shopping and partying

I'll check out the Woodspur but i'm looking for a more affordable place to stay rather then a nice place. I think we're staying at Hi Country Haus or Meadow Ridge haven't decided yet but one is closer to Down Town so I think that will decide it.

Wonder if theres any off road trails around there since I will be taking the Jeep

thanks for the info!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

Winter Park rocks! It is a very small town that has its main shopping along the main road. There are some bars there too. If you can get a hold of a timeshare condo that would be cool since busses go by every 15 min to take you to the ski resort.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

If the pass is open you should check out the Peak to Peak highway from WP to Estes Park, but I would suspect it will be closed from snow. Woodspur isnt exactly cheap but the price includes breakfast and dinner (lunch is usually on the slops anyway). And they have there own bar..... and usually a moose or two walking around the driveway.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the Info!

I booked my trip and I'll be chillen in Winter Park from Dec 30 to Jan 4!
Old 12-07-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Winter Park, as you've heard, is wonderful. There will be no passes open until June other than Berthoud which you'll be on on Hwy 40. Town is small with several great restaurants and some bars. Unless you're going to hang out in the bars, there's not real "partying" in WP. I have a condo there where I do a lot of my writing and spend great quiet time with the family.

It is our chosen home away from home and only 90 minutes from Denver. You'll love it.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pastorsteve
Winter Park, as you've heard, is wonderful. There will be no passes open until June other than Berthoud which you'll be on on Hwy 40. Town is small with several great restaurants and some bars. Unless you're going to hang out in the bars, there's not real "partying" in WP. I have a condo there where I do a lot of my writing and spend great quiet time with the family.

It is our chosen home away from home and only 90 minutes from Denver. You'll love it.
Thanks, sounds like you're living part of my dream... as soon as I graduate I'm off to Denver and hopefully one day I'll have a spot in the mtns.

I think a few bars will satisfy us just fine and help us welcome the New Year.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:36 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

I used to frequent the resort regularly... but this was years ago.

It was a great place to ski

Sorry I'm no help when it comes to accommodations or places to eat.
(I lived in Aurora, so we packed a lunch and drove up for the day.)

Quick Reply: Winter Park, CO ski resort