Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

anyone have advice on telescopes???

Old 10-09-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well according to tracking information my new scope is at the post office. Since tomorrow is a holiday I guess I will get it on Tuesday. Can't wait to get it and try it out. Will post up some pictures from it as soon as I get a chance to get it setup.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What scope did you get??????
Old 10-10-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Celestron nexstar 80GT I think was the name. It is a computer controlled 80mm short focal length F5 scope. It is an older model one but I wanted it for the F5 because the newer ones were F8.8 or higher. Will be my first computer controlled scope, before always did it the old fashioned way, found an object that I new and then used it cooridnates to set my circles for finding the one I could not see naked eye. This one you just tell it what you want to look at and it will go to it and track it. Should be able to get some nice pictures with this one since it will track the object. I had to turn my tracking knob manually with my old one and that was kind of jerky sometimes. Sure looking forward to it and I got a newer 5 mp webcam that I took the lens off of so I can attach it to the scope for taking pictures. Tried it out looking at a windmill far away and it made it look like it was about 50 feet away and that was a night picture only lit by the light on top for warning aircraft using my old scope.

Quick Reply: anyone have advice on telescopes???