Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

Fort Worth Zoo Visit

Old 02-19-2011, 01:13 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts
Default Fort Worth Zoo Visit

I was down in the DFW area to have some work done on my Jeep at Screamin' Lizard Customs. While down there, TORN and I visited the Fort Worth Zoo. Here are some of the pictures I shot. I was having trouble with my back aching, so decided to only carry my basic camera and the Canon 24-105 L series lens. This is a phenomenal lens, but there sure were a few times I wish I had carried the 75-200!

Young mother to son: "Look, honey, a lion."
Me to mother: "That's two lions, ma'am."
Young mother: "Oh really? [pause] Oh my!"

Old 02-19-2011, 01:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta love SLC and the work they do, what were you having done?

Nice pics too.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:19 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by ddhowel
Gotta love SLC and the work they do, what were you having done?

Nice pics too.
Superior axles up front, EVO skids on rear shocks and front LCAs, Auburn ECTED Max locker up front, Eaton e-locker in rear, Goodyear Duratracs (moving up from 33s to 35s), regeared from 4.10 to 4.88. I'm very happy with the results. Only small problem was the rear was also supposed to have an Auburn locker, but the part that was delivered didn't fit, and only the Eaton was available. I'd have rather had the LSD on the rear, but that's the way it sometimes works out.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Superior axles up front, EVO skids on rear shocks and front LCAs, Auburn ECTED Max locker up front, Eaton e-locker in rear, Goodyear Duratracs (moving up from 33s to 35s), regeared from 4.10 to 4.88. I'm very happy with the results. Only small problem was the rear was also supposed to have an Auburn locker, but the part that was delivered didn't fit, and only the Eaton was available. I'd have rather had the LSD on the rear, but that's the way it sometimes works out.
Well look at you go...!!! Great pics Mark and enjoy the upgrades...:be er:
Old 02-19-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Junkie

Great pictures as usual Mark!

Have you ever thought about making money on the side as a wedding photographer?

Your pictures are a million times more professional than those by the "professional" we hired to photograph our wedding some years back.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by jwhitehorn
Great pictures as usual Mark! Have you ever thought about making money on the side as a wedding photographer? Your pictures are a million times more professional than those by the "professional" we hired to photograph our wedding some years back.
I would consider that damnation from God himself if i were to do wedding photography as a living. I even used to hate portrait work, though I've learned there is a certain challenge in capturing the essence of a person in a good image. My ideal job would be either as an adventure photographer (with the climbing/paddling/etc skills to go along with that), or a photojournalist covering world affairs. I really don't care for studio work at all.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I would consider that damnation from God himself if i were to do wedding photography as a living. I even used to hate portrait work, though I've learned there is a certain challenge in capturing the essence of a person in a good image. My ideal job would be either as an adventure photographer (with the climbing/paddling/etc skills to go along with that), or a photojournalist covering world affairs. I really don't care for studio work at all.
As a youth I considered photography as a profession. The main thing that kept me out of it was the fear that I would have to do wedding photography.

I do enjoy setting up studio shots from time to time but rarely (once) did portrait work. That was for my son's senior pictures. My equipment is very limited. (I don't have money for Jeep mods either )
Old 02-19-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great images Mark! When I'm doing wildlife seminars, I always mention that zoos are a great place to practice composition. Most zoos today are photo freindly allowing beginners to practice before heading out in the wilds of where ever to photograph wildlife. Once again, a job well done!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those are some great shots! I really liked the Forth Worth zoo when I lived down there a few years ago. This makes me want to head over to the Denver zoo and get some good shots. Again...nice shots
Old 02-25-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great shots Mark! Interesting how you were able to get good backgrounds in a zoo environment, it is often difficult.

Last time I was in the zoo I saw this really strange rhino

Quick Reply: Fort Worth Zoo Visit