Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

Go Pro pictures and Video?

Old 11-21-2011, 03:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked mine up this weekend and I got the Black Friday deal early!! Can't wait to get some Jeeping and mountain biking videos and pics!!

And a few questions...Were any of you skeptical about how how strong the 3M sticky tape was on the flat and curved mounts? The manual says they are "industrial" grade and not to worry about it. And did you put them on a while before you attached the camera to let it maybe "cure" and really stick? ha Because I've seen lots of videos of them falling off while driving and I don't want to add any to that list

Thanks

Nick
Old 11-21-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

I've seen guys with them mounted to their helmuts hit branches fairly hard and they stayed on. When I work up the nads to mount mine under my jeep, I'm gonna come up with a back up plan just incase the mount comes loose, like some kind of leash using wire cable wrapped around the camera and part of the jeep. Right now I have a mount on my dashboard, and I'm trying to figure out how the hell to get it off!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubichronic
I've seen guys with them mounted to their helmuts hit branches fairly hard and they stayed on. When I work up the nads to mount mine under my jeep, I'm gonna come up with a back up plan just incase the mount comes loose, like some kind of leash using wire cable wrapped around the camera and part of the jeep. Right now I have a mount on my dashboard, and I'm trying to figure out how the hell to get it off!
Under the Jeep would be awesome!! haha I'll do that some day and yea I was thinking the wire too!! Kinda like the stuff they use in stores to keep electronics secure...just don't know where to find it

Last edited by Cali Cosmos; 11-21-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-21-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love my GoPro. I've had it on my Mustang, Jeep, mountain bike, mt bike helmet and just this past weekend one of my slot cars. In YouTube look up user HTWEELZ and you'll see my videos. Slot car one I haven't worked on yet.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

616... did you have any anti fog stuff in the case in order to get good video under water? same also goes for the skiing crowd. I am getting a cam for xmas and plan on taking it boarding this winter and diving in the summer.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

thanks, i never would have thought of that..
Old 11-29-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Super Freak

I personally do not have a go pro, but my friend just got one and absolutely loves it. He uses it in the jeep from all different angles and its pretty cool
Old 12-08-2011, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cali Cosmos
And a few questions...Were any of you skeptical about how how strong the 3M sticky tape was on the flat and curved mounts? The manual says they are "industrial" grade and not to worry about it. And did you put them on a while before you attached the camera to let it maybe "cure" and really stick? ha Because I've seen lots of videos of them falling off while driving and I don't want to add any to that list

Thanks

Nick
I all ways teather it to what ever i mount it on just to be on th safe side
Old 12-09-2011, 02:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have one , and its great in every way exept for the sound , not that good
Old 12-11-2011, 11:42 PM
JK Freak

Really I don't think there is an action cam on the market yet that does have good sound quality, prob why you see so many of these go pro videos on you tube with music to them.......

I am very interested to see how you guys are mounting these go pro cameras to the jeeps, interior, exterior, best locations, what brackets you are using or custom rigs. safety straps good idea, mounting locations and what brackets, seems important to me, I can see the video quality is fine..

I have seen much video of these go pro cameras on jeeps, but it is never discussed or shown how it is mounted to the jeep. So I would like to see some pics and descriptions of it please.

Quick Reply: Go Pro pictures and Video?