Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

Got a new digital camera...

Old 03-01-2008, 01:59 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrt
I have that case and it works great. We got it so that we could take pictures while snorkeling in Hawaii.

Those come out really nice; much better than my underwater efforts!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Those come out really nice; much better than my underwater efforts!
Thanks. It required a lot of patience. Allot of the pictures are blurry because of an ill timed wave. Even those at higher resolutions are a little blurry. Pretty much impossible to get tack sharp. Getting a good composition was difficult too.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool enjoy you'll love it.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have an older powershot...I still use it all the time for riding, fishing, etc....I bought a rebel xti a while back that I am still scared to take out much..
Old 07-20-2008, 10:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fujifilm

Hey guys this is wierd.....

I just bought a Fujifilm Finepix S1000fd for my wife's b-day the other day. It looks almost exactly like this Cannon...!!! I bought it at Rat Shack for $229 because it was pretty much the best deal I could find. The main difference I could find internally is that the Fuji is 10mp but still has the 12x optical zoom. It also has the same image stabilizer and face detection tech that the Cannon has. Almost like the two companies are in cahoots with each other....no?

My daughter took some macro flower pics with it yesterday and we viewed them on the TV.....I couldn't believe how clear and detailed they were.

I don't doubt the Cannon may have more options and may be the better camera. All I can say is this thing takes GREAT pics...!!! Just thought I'd let you all know what I noticed when I saw this thread.

Have Fun...!!!

Quick Reply: Got a new digital camera...