Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

Hdr

Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have to buy the program?
Old 08-17-2009, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteDuke
Did you have to buy the program?
You can try it out for free, but you get the watermarks as you can see. It's fun to play with. You can go from as plain and realistic as you want all the way to the completely funked out cartoonish illustrative "hdr look," and everything in between.

Which is kind of like the Jeep world, isn't it... You've got guys who are happy to get full amusement and trail happiness rolling around in a stock X, and guys who won't roll anything less than a Hemi on 42s, and everyone in between...
Old 11-13-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Trail info: this little posing rock is along the Moody Hill trail in north central Colorado, just before the 'quarry.' Taken the 9th of August.[/QUOTE]

I've done that trail many times...never in my JK, but many times in my old '66 Bronco and them my '00 Tacoma...it's a fun one and great scenery at the quary...fun camping up there too.

BTW I like the pic of your Jeep...I think it turned out great, especially for your first time.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 20jk08
Hi,,, ya Hdr is a fun tool to play around with, it works well with jeeps and such,, Can I make a suggestion, We all have different perspectives, but on my monitor,, the color temperature is way to cool, blue. It might be your preference, but there is a color temperature slider in the program, to give it a warmer feel.
Notice your jeep seats, well, they are kinda blue. You can still get the effect you want, but with a little more accurate colors,,

IE:
original

slight temp adjustment

Dave
My vote is for the original....
Old 12-29-2009, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
My vote is for the original....
Thanks AZ Outlaws. I was just having some fun screwing around with the camera (and the jeep) and I appreciate the positive comments to balance out the "your photo sucks here look at my photo" type stuff going on earlier in this thread.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default re

Originally Posted by isuadam
"your photo sucks here look at my photo" type stuff going on earlier in this thread.
If your referring to my post which was to try to give you a little incite on the program, in which, I clearly said it's to your preference how it looks, then sorry, I meant no disrespect,,,constructive criticism is how people learn stuff, don't pout about it....
Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 20jk08
If your referring to my post which was to try to give you a little incite on the program, in which, I clearly said it's to your preference how it looks, then sorry, I meant no disrespect,,,constructive criticism is how people learn stuff, don't pout about it....
20jk08, yours was both constructive AND illustrative. I was referring to the hijack by the GMC pickup. Good picture, but perhaps not appropriate.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default re:

That's cool then
I frequent many photography forums, and you see the same kind of thing there...you learn to ignore it,,,,
Still using the program?
If your any good with the clone tool in photoshop, those watermarks are easy to get rid of
Dave
Old 01-13-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a big fan of HDR, there are times where it is nice to be subtle, but it's great when you can push the limits too. The first Jeep shot is awesome, I am hoping to get some nice black and white HDR shots of mine in the snow this weekend.

Quick Reply: Hdr