Notices
Photography & Videography General discussion forum regarding all aspects of photography including 35mm SLR cameras, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, lenses, photo techniques, darkroom/Photoshop techniques and anything related to photography or videography.

Photo's - Not just jeep, any and all...

Old 07-06-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KY HILTOPR
Attachment 178645 Grant Cty, Northern KY
Attachment 178648 Near Nickajack Dam, TN
Attachment 178647 Lilydale, in Southern Tier part of NY
Attachment 178646 Beautiful Structure of Dairy Barn in IN
Attachment 178650 Lewisburg TN - South of Nashville
Great barns for sure. But the Dairy barn looks like a mansion. .....lol

Yes, I feel pretty privileged to have seen all that. Almost as exciting as when the brown bear walked through the yard......again no camera.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Jedi

That is beautiful. I've seen some like it as well.....
Old 07-08-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

snapped some pics of these bald eagles and their nest last weekend, just happened to stop for lunch and the one adult landed at the nest right in front of us !

Old 07-09-2011, 08:59 AM
JK Jedi

looks like the young'uns are about big enough to fly the coop...

We have a nest here by the house I should go check out...
Old 07-10-2011, 12:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by toad
An awesome sunset I had the privilege to witness

You've had some really nice images, Toad, but this is one of your best.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:27 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
... I see a Bald Eagle about 150' above the road. Just about at the time I see him, he tucks his wings in and starts to stoop....
Saw something very similar near Black Mesa, Oklahoma (way out in the Panhandle). A Golden Eagle stooped dramatically as Curtis and I were driving along. He snatched a very surprised prairie Dog and as he pulled up and saw us, startled, he dropped the ground hog. That poor little guy made a hasty retreat to the nearest hole. But, it was a pretty cool sight.

We should almost start a separate thread for this, but here's the time I didn't have my camera and wished that I had: I was visiting my folks in San Diego. We'd driven up the coast and stopped to check the waves and surfers out on the Pacific. Do you remember when the moon had an especially close approach to Earth and tides were higher than normal--it made all the news circuits? Well, this was that day. And the surfers were out to see what the waves were like. And the tides were really high--water almost coming up to the highway where normally there's a pretty good width of beach. Anyway, as I was watching this surfer catch a curling wave, I could see next to him through the forming wave two dolphin silhouettes. It was so cool; they were riding the wave with him! And no camera.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That little jeep is awesome !!! Great shot.

Originally Posted by Rottenbelly
Just some random shots from work.

This is not a real jeep. My RC jeep.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Check it out!....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0033.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	180969   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0036.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	180970  
Old 07-11-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by toad
Why thank you. I have to agree.
Believe it or not, I remember seeing a published pic that looked almost exactly like that. Can't remember where it was taken. may have been up here...
Old 07-11-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Saw something very similar near Black Mesa, Oklahoma (way out in the Panhandle). A Golden Eagle stooped dramatically as Curtis and I were driving along. He snatched a very surprised prairie Dog and as he pulled up and saw us, startled, he dropped the ground hog. That poor little guy made a hasty retreat to the nearest hole. But, it was a pretty cool sight.

We should almost start a separate thread for this, but here's the time I didn't have my camera and wished that I had: I was visiting my folks in San Diego. We'd driven up the coast and stopped to check the waves and surfers out on the Pacific. Do you remember when the moon had an especially close approach to Earth and tides were higher than normal--it made all the news circuits? Well, this was that day. And the surfers were out to see what the waves were like. And the tides were really high--water almost coming up to the highway where normally there's a pretty good width of beach. Anyway, as I was watching this surfer catch a curling wave, I could see next to him through the forming wave two dolphin silhouettes. It was so cool; they were riding the wave with him! And no camera.
Speaking of the prairie dog that got away....

My buddy Ric (RIP) told me about this.....He used to live down the road from me. He and his family were sitting in the house watching TV. All of a sudden they could hear Kishka, their Chesapeake Bay retriever barking like crazy out in the driveway. Ric jumped up to see what was going on, just in time to see Kishka jumping up at a bald eagle that had Ric's sister's Yorkie in it's talons. Luckily the big bird dropped him. They had to take the little yapper in to the vet as it had punture wounds all over. I saw the dog the day later all wrapped up when I got story. Lucky little Yorkie that had a big Chesapeake looking out for him....

Oh btw......I think I've actually seen a pic of dolphins swimming with a surfer...

Quick Reply: Photo's - Not just jeep, any and all...