Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

are people still having any issues with the teraflex monster trackbar?

Old 02-03-2014, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default are people still having any issues with the teraflex monster trackbar?

I had read a few posts that the bolts were not grade 8 and stripped and some said it had weak spot at the adjuster , but im somewhat impressed with the beefyness of it and teraflex video of it . it looks solid and not much chance of bending or weakness all opinions will be helpful thank you

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-03-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe a few guys on here have actually busted the older version of the TF Monster Track Bar. They were busting where the track bar flattened out prior to the bend for the differential. Apparently Teraflex noticed this has happened and re-designed the bar. I purchased the newer design and have been pleased. As far as your bolts are concerned, you should upgrade all the bolts from your control arms to Track Bar to Grade 8. There are several threads on here that talk about the upgrades and new bolt sizes which are much better than stock. The new bolts with shoulders will fit much tighter and take away the play between the joints and mounts.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Junkie

Default yeh im ordering the grade 8 kit but

Originally Posted by Surf City Dan
I believe a few guys on here have actually busted the older version of the TF Monster Track Bar. They were busting where the track bar flattened out prior to the bend for the differential. Apparently Teraflex noticed this has happened and re-designed the bar. I purchased the newer design and have been pleased. As far as your bolts are concerned, you should upgrade all the bolts from your control arms to Track Bar to Grade 8. There are several threads on here that talk about the upgrades and new bolt sizes which are much better than stock. The new bolts with shoulders will fit much tighter and take away the play between the joints and mounts.
the adjustment bolts on the sleeve I read were not grade 8 on the track bar itself ! not sure if they revised it and its bolt type
btw are you guys using regular socket sets and torque wrench or are you using air type impacts is that torque hard to achieve by hand in those tight locations at track bar ? 125lb
kinda makes me wonder if the leverage can be done on ground with hand tools, the bolts seam very tight on there now !!!!!

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-03-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a photo of the 1st generation TeraFlex Track Bar break. I believe the re-designed 2nd Gen Track Bars adjustment is further towards the passenger side axle mount.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1008670401.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	528624  
Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Surf City Dan
Here is a photo of the 1st generation TeraFlex Track Bar break. I believe the re-designed 2nd Gen Track Bars adjustment is further towards the passenger side axle mount.
It is farther over on the new ones, I got one in August and love it

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 02-03-2014, 08:09 PM
JK Junkie

Default ok good i intend on ordering one up !

just wanted to know if im making a good decision on something solid and built with quality !

thanks
Old 02-04-2014, 02:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
just wanted to know if im making a good decision on something solid and built with quality !

thanks
I bought one last year and since I have wheeled the dog piss out of my rig and I've had zero problems with it. I say get it, its definitely beefy
Old 02-04-2014, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Default good to hear cuz i just orderd one !

thanks for the opinions ! i know it might be overkill but im not in the mood to deal with shimmys again least if i feel one later ill know its not the MONSTER I GOT it to stop with a alignment , stabilizer shock, tires changed over to nittos, then rotated them again ! two days no shimmy i think i got it nailed now grade 8 kit and monster i think im good to go ! hell maybe some time ill even try a re ballance on rear tire
Old 02-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The hardware on the clamp was shit on the one I got last year. The bolts stripped while torquing to spec (with a calibrated torque wrench). Replaced with grade 8 hardware and it's all good. Can't complain.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Default do you remember the size grade 8 bolts you bought ?

Originally Posted by Ncb
The hardware on the clamp was shit on the one I got last year. The bolts stripped while torquing to spec (with a calibrated torque wrench). Replaced with grade 8 hardware and it's all good. Can't complain.
if thats the case i could pre buy them / thanks

Quick Reply: are people still having any issues with the teraflex monster trackbar?