Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2014 Getting water on the driver's side floor

Old 02-02-2014, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Getting water on the driver's side floor

I picked up a new 14 w/hardtop and during rainstorms i'm getting a wet driver's side carpet. Checked it a couple times while it was raining but could not locate the source. Anyone have this issue and been able to locate the culprit? Figured i'd check for an easy fix before going through hassle of making an appt. at the dealer and being out a jeep for multiple days.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My 2010 does the same thing ONLY when the hard top is on. I sat in the pouring rain for an hour one day with a rain slicker on trying to pinpoint where is coming from and I think I got it. The rain channels on the sides of the top, the train runs to the front where the channel ends and pours off in a steady stream directly where ur window goes down into the door, runs thru the inside of the door and comes out on the inside drivers floor. Now in really bad storms my drivers side seat belt gets wet, haven't exactly pinpointed that leak yet cuz I'm not too worried about it since it only happens during really bad storms, but I believe the water is coming in thru the freedom panels and due to the Crown in the road and these direction I park the gravity takes the water to the drivers side where it finds it way in and down the inside of the pillar behind the seat where ur seat belt is. I haven't found any fixes for it tho. I took my carpet out a while back so I don't have to worry about mildew or a smell cuz I like to splash around in the mud doorless. It don't do this with my Trektop due to the fact that the reason Channing is different and it don't have freedom panels to leak either

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 02-02-2014, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Found a video on YouTube that shows where a lot of drain plugs are located under the carpet. May help with getting some of the water out if it gets bad. (Maybe check to make sure they are snapped in fully too?)

http://youtu.be/lWKl1vKIIRM
Old 02-02-2014, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I dont know if this helps or not but I drove through a big water puddle on the road one day at about 45mph and it blew the passenger side drain plug out and soaked my carpet and floor. I pulled the carpet back and put silicone on the drain plug and put it back in and no issues since. florida gets alot of rain to.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I covered all the seams of my hard top with electrical tape to reduce wind noise and ended up waterproofing it too. Go figure. My hardtop has always had a lousy fit. Soft top fits way better.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3435354045.jpg
Views:	1014
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	528380   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-29810616.jpg
Views:	1316
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	528381   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1559243985.jpg
Views:	1001
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	528382  
Old 02-02-2014, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

I've had this same problem and just readjusted the freedom panel. Seems if it's slightly out of alignment it'll leak. Been good for a couple months now. As I live in NH. We had a good bit of rain a few weeks ago, with downpours. No leaks.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2014 people still getting leaky jeeps from the factory

\
no need for this

my 11 leaked but my 12 dosent

I remember dealer telling me they all leak lol not true
Old 02-03-2014, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7IW.../preview?pli=1

I found this to be extremely helpful... I've been suffering from the same thing in my 09
Old 02-03-2014, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SB2008
I picked up a new 14 w/hardtop and during rainstorms i'm getting a wet driver's side carpet. Checked it a couple times while it was raining but could not locate the source. Anyone have this issue and been able to locate the culprit? Figured i'd check for an easy fix before going through hassle of making an appt. at the dealer and being out a jeep for multiple days.
I traded in my 2010 for a 2014 because of the roof leaks.The factory could not even fix it.Picked up my 14 in December but it's been too cold for any rain to see if mine leaks.All my leaks on the 10 started after I took the top off,I don't think I'm going to do that again!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Ill chime in here but mine is a 2013 jk 10a 2dr. I had the same water in the right floorboard after rain. It took three storms to finally catch it on film. The water would channel from the top of the door, inside, then exit from the inside right front door panel to the interior passenger side mat. Some collected in the mat, but always the carpet was wet.

After review of my video the nearest dealer installed a door seal enhancement kit (thicker seal) which solved the issue under warranty.

There was a dealer bulletin about this but not a recall. I was told that owners are only informed if you arrive with matching symptoms.

Quick Reply: 2014 Getting water on the driver's side floor