Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Cam Bolts help?!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Bolts help?!

So a while ago I got my 3.5 RE lift and only installed the front cam bolts I was hoping to get adjustable arms so I did not put my rear one in. However, I can't afford to get arms at this time for a while.... (wife about to castrate me if I spend more money)...so I decided to install the rear ones. I am looking for some help to install them with me so I can get the right specs for my caster.....I take donations as well Hahahaha. Is there anyone who can loan me a helpful hand? Please, with a cherry on top....

Last edited by ZheGerman; 01-29-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cam bolts are a PITA! You can run the front lowers and later add the rear uppers you don't need to run the full set. That's what I did ran it that way for a couple of years.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Cam bolts are a PITA! You can run the front lowers and later add the rear uppers you don't need to run the full set. That's what I did ran it that way for a couple of years.
I have the front ones installed and am running it now for about 2 months but I think its time to install the rear uppers....
Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think I just wait untill o get the arms. The more I read about cam bolts the more I am appalled about that ideea.........
Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ZheGerman
I think I just wait untill o get the arms. The more I read about cam bolts the more I am appalled about that ideea.........
Ran the cam bolts once and they kept moving so we finally tack welded them...I was so glad when we went with adjustable control arms!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Ran the cam bolts once and they kept moving so we finally tack welded them...I was so glad when we went with adjustable control arms!
I think I might just do that....how often did you have to adjust them and how did you notice it?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:50 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ZheGerman
I think I might just do that....how often did you have to adjust them and how did you notice it?
Once adjusted you shouldn't have to mess with it. I think there might have been one time we had to make an adjustment which meant we had to grid the tack weld off reposition and tack weld again. It did give us peace of mind. For anyone on the fence about cam bolts I say don't do it...just my
Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree, I don't recommend them at all its not worth the headache! As you can tell.....never again will I do such foolish thing haha

Quick Reply: Cam Bolts help?!