Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

San Diego Family Night - Wednesday, February 27th

Old 02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4LOYR
Good times.

Hey, I say we do this type of thing in about 3 or 4 weeks again.

Alright, cool.
You got it Ty! Let's make it a St. Patrick's Day Meet and Greet on March 14th....now where do we have it? Strike Force Zebra will be down with some nice giveaways but if possible they'd like to have it close to the Mission Valley area because Bill will be done here for a convention. Suggestions?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
You got it Ty! Let's make it a St. Patrick's Day Meet and Greet on March 14th....now where do we have it? Strike Force Zebra will be down with some nice giveaways but if possible they'd like to have it close to the Mission Valley area because Bill will be done here for a convention. Suggestions?

In the MV area, there is Dave and Buster's, Hooters, Bennigans, and Gordon Biersch
The problem is parking at all of those places
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 AM
mpc
JK Newbie

Thanks for putting on the event. Good to see and meet some of you. Bill, great job with the role call, helping us put faces and names to screen names.

Big thanks to rt2 (Ralph) for giving way more than I was hoping for the TDS registration - it will go directly towards fun stuff for the first year cub scouts in our pack. Geez, I was just hoping to sell a couple of coupon books. Thanks man!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Enclocal

In the MV area, there is Dave and Buster's, Hooters, Bennigans, and Gordon Biersch
The problem is parking at all of those places
Here is a place to hold the s/g. They have plenty of parking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2848529172.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	428245 it is at the west end of marina village..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-890419073.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	428273

Last edited by EasyE; 03-01-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Former Member

Since I'm not from from SD, but just a thought for the March 14th event, can you BBQ on the island in Mission bay? No problem with parking
Old 03-03-2013, 06:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Strike Force Zebra
Since I'm not from from SD, but just a thought for the March 14th event, can you BBQ on the island in Mission bay? No problem with parking
With the time change that might be a great idea Bill! Only issue (for some) might be the alcohol. Almost 100% certain there's a ban on alcohol at MB. Does anyone know for sure? Also, does it matter to you all? I'd love to do a Mission Bay BBQ or Fiesta Island where we can kick back what does everyone else think??
Old 03-03-2013, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
With the time change that might be a great idea Bill! Only issue (for some) might be the alcohol. Almost 100% certain there's a ban on alcohol at MB. Does anyone know for sure? Also, does it matter to you all? I'd love to do a Mission Bay BBQ or Fiesta Island where we can kick back what does everyone else think??
Yep, you cannot have alcohol on MB or Fiesta Island (except during OTL (over the line) as OMBAC obtains a permit) .

Beaches and bays: Alcohol is prohibited on San Diego's beaches and Mission Bay Park. Alcohol is also prohibited in parking lots adjacent to beaches and beach parks. Posted signs provide rules regarding alcohol policies.
Frequently Asked Questions | Park & Recreation

Quick Reply: San Diego Family Night - Wednesday, February 27th