Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

So Cal light trails ?

Old 03-18-2007, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Cal light trails ?

so I'll be down at Disneyland over my daughters easter vacation and was thinking that it would be kinda cool to try and get a little trail action in. I'll be down there April 7-13 so I'd probably have to hit a trail sometime durring the week ,since I'll probably be visiting family for Easter. anyway just courious on some light trails I don't want to do anything hard just some basic stuff since I will still have a LONG drive back home. any ideas on a good trail ??
Old 03-18-2007, 08:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cleveland National Forest: Main Divide Road

Originally Posted by dhoffroad
so I'll be down at Disneyland over my daughters easter vacation and was thinking that it would be kinda cool to try and get a little trail action in. I'll be down there April 7-13 so I'd probably have to hit a trail sometime durring the week ,since I'll probably be visiting family for Easter. anyway just courious on some light trails I don't want to do anything hard just some basic stuff since I will still have a LONG drive back home. any ideas on a good trail ??
You're only about 45 miles from Main Divide Road/Santiago Peak which is a great place to do some light trail riding. When we met there for the Project-JK run we met at:

El Cariso Fire Station
32353 Ortega Hwy
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530

N 33° 39'4.98"
W 117°24'43.01"

and the trail head is just a bit northeast of there, near Los Pinos Camp. Tons of pics from that run here. I'd try to join you but during the week might be a little tough for me....
Old 03-19-2007, 01:19 PM
JK Junkie

I concur. It is a great spot for some light trails. It's basically a dirt road but has some cool offshoots that are pretty fun. There are several gates to get In depending on where you are staying. Let me know and I can get you some more info. Also who knows maybe I'll meet you up there.

Last edited by CLACKEY(_!_); 03-19-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot, There is a good trail around the mall down here. A lot of good bumps too! I could show you, I know them like the back of my hand!

Keep me posted, I might even go with you. Hey everyone, if dhoffroad comes up missing, it had nothing to do with all his mall cruiser wise cracks!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Shoot, There is a good trail around the mall down here. A lot of good bumps too! I could show you, I know them like the back of my hand!

Keep me posted, I might even go with you. Hey everyone, if dhoffroad comes up missing, it had nothing to do with all his mall cruiser wise cracks!
Sounds like the rest of us need to go just to keep an eye on him so he doesn't end up as part of someones wall unit.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubimon

LOL...I knew you'd chime in. I stoped razzin you, well I hav'nt had any oppertunity to do it that is. LOL .

If I do get a chance to go offroad a little then it would be cool if I could meet atleast one of you guys. I guess what I should do is PM or post up here when I get down there to see if it will work out with anybody elses schedual to hit that area. oh yea and that means you to Rubimon maby we can get your tires a little dusty so you have something to rub off on the speed bumps at one of the malls....LOL...yea I had to get one more in....
Old 03-20-2007, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi

If Rubimon comes on a real trail with us, do we have to paint the rocks yellow so he knows to go slow over them?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by doojer
If Rubimon comes on a real trail with us, do we have to paint the rocks yellow so he knows to go slow over them?
LOL Now THAT is funny!!!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doojer
You don't have to paint the whole rock, caution stripes will due!

Apparently you guys haven't seen me out at Glamis.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-20-2007, 11:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

did you say you were going to Disneyland? sounds like a good opportunity to drop the rig off at off road evolution for the day and get some gears swapped. Thats what I will be doing on April 21st.

Quick Reply: So Cal light trails ?