Notices
SoCal If you live in Southern California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Wheeling/Camping Death Valley 5th - 6th

Old 01-01-2013, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheeling/Camping Death Valley 5th - 6th

Soooo I am re-posting this as it is coming closer to the date. I am planning on leaving late on the 4th and camp out for the night in Ballarat Ghost town, from there I want to head out to coyote canyon, goler wash trough rock garden and to Butte Valley where we set up camp in one of the mining cabins located in that are. I want hike up to the stripped butte and do some more off road exploring. There is a bunch of mines located in that area and the view in the panimites is awesome.

The trip ends on the 6th, I thought I shout it out there and see if someone is interested since having more than one rig is a must!! let me know ppl.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the weekend off and it sounds like a fun trip, but I'll have to check if its out of my 250 mile radius (I might be able to get around that though). I would have to roll out to there the 5th and its about a 5 hr drive.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iwaxmyjimmy
I have the weekend off and it sounds like a fun trip, but I'll have to check if its out of my 250 mile radius (I might be able to get around that though). I would have to roll out to there the 5th and its about a 5 hr drive.
yeah to the butte is about 5 hours either way, I am going to stay the night of the 4th in Ballarat and start the trip on the 5th trough the areas that I mentioned. We could meet up in Ballarat on the 5th and take of from there since the trip is awesome from this side. You are looking at about 2-3 hours of driving to Ballarat from Ft Irwin, and you are within your 250 miles overall trip is around 200
Old 01-02-2013, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

You think I'll have any trouble with mine being a stock Rubicon?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

You think I'll have any trouble with mine being a stock Rubicon?
I did it in a stock sahara with a 2.5 BB and stock tires. you will be able to do it in a rubicon
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just checking lol
Old 01-02-2013, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you know more people, who would like to or are able to go hit them up.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Since they graded coyote canyon you can make it up there is a Subaru outback with no problems. Now, going from Manson's hideout to striped butte there is one rock garden where ya might want to get out, check your line, then go. At the top there is a pretty good tipping obstacle if you don't go in correctly. Once through that, the rest is a breeze.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm gonna stay a little closer to base and go with the other group down by Hesperia.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna stay a little closer to base and go with the other group down by Hesperia.
I'm in Apple Valley where are you guys headed near Hesperia? Can I tag along if you guys don't mind? At 5pm on Saturdy I'm trying to get a high desert suds and grub together at the Oak Hills Brewing Company. If your interested stop on by.

Quick Reply: Wheeling/Camping Death Valley 5th - 6th