Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 11-04-2010, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went back to the Dirty Turtle a few weeks ago. Went solo which was an interesting experience. It was the same weekend as the Zoe benefit in Shade so the place was dead. Ended up almost destroying my rear fender and rear brake line and I also punctured my sidewalk. I'm not bummed about the tire though. One more to go and I Have to get new tires.

On a good note I was able to fix my death wobble. It took replacing the track bar, drag link, tie rod, ball joints upper C's and fixing the ovaled axe mount. Most of which was covered under warranty. I just upgraded the track bars and UCA's. I'm probably going to upgrade the ball joints in December or January but I needed to get them fixed so the stock ones will do for now.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:50 AM
JK Freak

I've done some light wheeling here or there, I'd like to hit slade up again but don't know if I'm going to be able to before I start hacking. I'm going to put 12 or 14 inch coilovers and air bumps on the front with 3-4 inches of uptravel then be able to adjust from there, a cage, front axle C brace, and baja style tire carrier this winter. Maybe regear it if I've got the time and patience. I was going to do coilovers in the rear but the tire situation busted that bubble.

I'm glad all that was covered under warranty! If u beat ur fenders up
I have my stock ones laying around that are 2 inches or so wide if u need a set. What tires are you running?
Old 11-05-2010, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

The fenders still ok. Thanks though. It just has white streaked in it from being smashed. I'm still running stock sra's. I'm probably going to get some km2's when these wear out. Or I pop another one.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rubious
just seeing how many KY jeeps we have out there
yeah, columbia ky!
Old 11-06-2010, 02:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by abock33
The fenders still ok. Thanks though. It just has white streaked in it from being smashed. I'm still running stock sra's. I'm probably going to get some km2's when these wear out. Or I pop another one.
Try taking a heating gun to it, I know u can do that when the black fenders fade to gray to get the color back. Glad to see I'm not the only one with the sidewall slashing bug
Old 11-11-2010, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

found a busted u joint on the passenger front, and broke a wheel stud, which is the biggest pain in the ass in the world. picking up a set of maxxis creepy crawlers tuesday, so if anyone wants a set of 37x12.50x16 SSR's let me know
Old 11-16-2010, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rubious
just seeing how many KY jeeps we have out there
Brandenburg/knox area - hit me up cause I am new to the area and ready to explore!!!! I also geocache - olivejuice0408. Have fun out there!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Army Wrangler
I am here in KY too. Over at Ft. Knox. Been looking for somewhere/one to go offroading with. Anyone close to the Army base?

James
I am here but new to the area... I am ready to roll if u know some good areas....
Old 11-21-2010, 01:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all -- new to the forum, Just picked up my JK last month. Located in the Shelby County KY area.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

In Lexington here, post here if you have any places to wheel in the bluegrass.

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?