Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Ky jeeps out there?

Old 12-05-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another KY JK!

who here has made it out to DTOR? I just heard bout it and am wantin to play! I live in Mt. Washington, let me know if any one is near by!
Thanks!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

I have not been to DTOR but I also would like to go. Note they are closed until spring except for some kind of new years ride.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:11 AM
JK Newbie

Just moved to Louisville from NJ, have a stock '09 Sahara Unlimited... Liking it out here...

While on the subject... Any recommendation on local shops to install a 2.5" shock lift and wheels/tires?
Old 12-06-2010, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

What's up from Owensboro!!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

What wheelin/ riding clubs are in the area. I live in MT. Washington, Ky. Need more reasons to get out! Feel free to PM me. Thanks!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lono
I have not been to DTOR but I also would like to go. Note they are closed until spring except for some kind of new years ride.
Thanks. Where are you at? I'm in MT Washington mayb we get ride sometime!
Old 12-06-2010, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Takenithome
Thanks. Where are you at? I'm in MT Washington mayb we get ride sometime!
I am in Lexington, would love to wheel sometime. Not much land to go wheelin on here in the bluegrass all flat and covered in horse farms.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been to DTOR a few times. They have quite a few trails for the area. Keep me posted when your planning a trip next year. I'm usually able to sneak out on the weekends. Just post up here or a pm.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

i've got a set of 315x75x16 dick cepek fun country II's and one bfg mud terrain. less than 200 miles on them. i've got a thread up in the forsale section, if any of you ky guys are interested let me know and we can skip out on the shipping. 1,000 OBO any realistic prices will be considered. we had some guys go to a place in mayesville and said it was ok. i should keep working like a slave till the first of the year. so i'll only have 1 weekend between now and then the 17th if anyone goes anywhere. i'm waiting on a tie rod, ball joints, and coilovers to come in

Old 12-11-2010, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xynie
Just moved to Louisville from NJ, have a stock '09 Sahara Unlimited... Liking it out here...

While on the subject... Any recommendation on local shops to install a 2.5" shock lift and wheels/tires?
There are a couple of shops in Louisville like Moab Offroad on Poplar Level Road and Louisville 4 Wheel Drive on Dixie Hwy. But save your money and install the lift yourself. Those 2.5" lift are straight forward and bolted right in. Let me know if you need help. I have not installed a lift on my JK yet but I have installed lifts on my last 2 TJs. I like the guys at the Big O on the Outer Loop by New Cut Road, they will do you right. I have always took my Jeeps to Tony's Alignment on Poplar Level Road after installing a lift. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Any Ky jeeps out there?