Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Beasley Trail Run - October

Old 10-27-2007, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everybody. I just got off the phone with Tony and we are definitely on the go for a ride to all who are open...

None of the time frames have changed the only thing that is different is that we are gonna meet at my place and leave from there instead of McDonalds. We are planning on leavin my place after everybody who is planning on coming arrives... As of now the plan is to go to Sea Creek Falls which is about a mile north of my place. There are some good views and Beautiful Falls that not very many people know about. There are miles of roads and trails to ride with MANY side trails to go onto... there are a couple of creek crossings (just fun nothing to worry about getting into ur jeep or motor) and a few good hill climbs and quite possibly the largest Mud Hole in the area (should anyone be inclined to playin the MUD! )

After we ride all of those, which will prolly take a few hours, we will then head back to the end of my road (about 2.5 miles) to a store that has BBQ and Hot Dogs and other stuff to eat some lunch... (or we can grill some dogs and burgers at my place (that is entirely up to what you guys are in for... the store would prolly be faster but more expensive) after Lunch we can hit some more of the trails in the area...
Old 10-27-2007, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a pic of the falls and the coordinates for those with a GPS.
I hope everyone can come and we should have a good time even though we wont be doing an intense amount of off-roading like we would have been able to do at Beasely...

HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE!! if you need anything feel free to call me and please do leave a message cuz i dont get good service here but check my messages regularly... C:706.897.6400 H:706.838.4510 (my name is Matthew)

GPS data for the falls - N34º46.196, W84º05.706

Oh yeah.... DIRECTIONS!!!!

Start out on GA-5 N. 63.8 miles (This is from Woodstock according to mapquest mileage may vary depending on where you get on)

GA-5 N becomes APPALACHIAN HWY / US-76 E / GA-2 E / GA-515 N / SOUTHERN HIGHROADS SCENIC HWY. 3.8 miles

Turn RIGHT onto GA-60. (There will be a Citgo (i think) and a Marathon gas station at this red light. Make a right at the light and go until road dead ends) 0.5 miles

Turn LEFT onto OLD GA-76 / GA-60. 1.4 miles

Turn RIGHT onto MORGANTON HWY / GA-60. 15.5 miles (Cell service leaves somewhere in here and to me seems a lot more than 15 miles but just keep on truckin... or jeepin?.....)

Turn LEFT onto COOPERS CREEK RD. (There will be Coopers Creek Store directly across from it) 1.4 miles

End at 2068 Coopers Creek Rd
Suches, GA. 30572 (It is the first house on the right after the pavement ends)
Old 10-27-2007, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool, I'm game. Talked to tony and Waffle House, off of 575 at 6:30, is still on for anyone who wants to meet before we meet.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:34 AM
JK Junkie

REdrock! i am about to head your way as soon as the buddiesget here. Call you in a bit!
Old 10-27-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

beasley closed... i wonder why so early. Unless N. GA got some major rain and it has not dryed up or something else has happened. Ill do some searching
Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tony, I'm off to take my kid to six flags for a few hours. You can reach me on my cell. Have you heard from derrick or joe yet and whether or not there meeting us at Waffle House?
Old 10-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigJerm
beasley closed... i wonder why so early. Unless N. GA got some major rain and it has not dryed up or something else has happened. Ill do some searching
Matthew said that the sign said closed due to weather. I would assume the trails would be fine by now, but I'm sure it's not a high priority and they're not checking very often.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cjsdad
Tony, I'm off to take my kid to six flags for a few hours. You can reach me on my cell. Have you heard from derrick or joe yet and whether or not there meeting us at Waffle House?
To be honest I made nine calls and don't remember. I'm going to call everyone again shortly and let them know of the updates on the plans -- including directions if they cannot get online.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor

I called everyone again and here's the timeline

5:15 I will meet up with WestGaParrotHead at the Waffle House in Villa Rica near I20
5:30 Leave Waffle House
6:30 Arrive Waffle House off of Towne Lake Pkwy. in Woodstock -- wait for CjsDad
6:45 Leave Waffle House
8:30/9:00 Arrive at RedRockJK's place

Confirmed:
RedRockJK
tgrt
07JKX
JK7349
WestGaParrotHead
CjsDad
fraud

Maybe:
MaroonJeep -- having problems with Full Traction lift (may ride shotgun with me or someone else)

Unknowns (left message, but no response yet):
fudger
hurstrescue

No show:
D'sjk -- has to work
Old 10-28-2007, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guess I started it:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...049#post218049

Quick Reply: Beasley Trail Run - October