Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Beasley Trail Run - October

Old 09-25-2007, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may sound like a dumb question but i've got the skyjacker 2.5 and 35inch bfg mt's. Would i be ok in my unlimited? I don't have much wheeling experience
Old 09-25-2007, 05:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAROONJEEP
This may sound like a dumb question but i've got the skyjacker 2.5 and 35inch bfg mt's. Would i be ok in my unlimited? I don't have much wheeling experience
I have a stock Rubicon with 32s and I'll be going.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

you will be fine with that setup... i ran mine stock for a bit on some trails. Beasley is not that difficult of an area as long as it is not real wet.

it is more hillclimbs than anything else. The occasional small rock here and there

ATTN ALL:: Please note that I will be camping Saturday... therefore, I will not be meeting at the Waffle House @ 6:30 A.M. If you all want to meet still... feel free... but I will not be there. Please confirm you have received this message if you were originally planning to meet me. I will post this retroactively

Last edited by 07JKX; 10-22-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

you can count me in... Im in ellijay so i won't have to far to drive
Old 09-25-2007, 07:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 07JKX
for all of the folks south of woodstock. I will be at the "waffle king" off of the Towne Lake Parkway Exit up 575 at 700 a.m.

I will be leaving at 7:25 a.m... if anyone would like to meet up and ride line together, be there between the above times.

My cell is 404-316-7591... otherwise, i look forward to seeing everyone there!!
EDIT TO CHANGE... Apparently Beasley is 92 miles from my house... so i am calculating 1.5hours to get there without going a blazing fast speed... therefore, I will be at the waffle king at 645 and leaving a 655... should anyone wish to follow.

Let me know who to expect
Old 09-25-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
EDIT TO CHANGE... Apparently Beasley is 92 miles from my house... so i am calculating 1.5hours to get there without going a blazing fast speed... therefore, I will be at the waffle king at 645 and leaving a 655... should anyone wish to follow.

Let me know who to expect
I'm in.
Cameron 770-826-5593
Old 09-25-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

I was wondering how you were going to get up there so quickly. Im about 45 min from woodstock and about the same to beasley.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, why are we getting there so blazingly early?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

welcome to my world. I have a BB and 35" with open diffs and a winch. We are in the same park.

We are going that early for a few reasons. One, the earlier the less crowds. You can ride more in a day, you can ride a lot and leave relatively early to get back home. Since we are riding on a Sunday people got to work the next day. And it gives you the ability to ride and then stop for lunch on the trail, ride some more, maybe go get something to eat for dinner and head home. I know it sucks getting up early on a weekend but it sucks more going to bed late on a sunday and getting up early monday.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BigJerm
welcome to my world. I have a BB and 35" with open diffs and a winch. We are in the same park.

We are going that early for a few reasons. One, the earlier the less crowds. You can ride more in a day, you can ride a lot and leave relatively early to get back home. Since we are riding on a Sunday people got to work the next day. And it gives you the ability to ride and then stop for lunch on the trail, ride some more, maybe go get something to eat for dinner and head home. I know it sucks getting up early on a weekend but it sucks more going to bed late on a sunday and getting up early monday.
agreed... i would rather go early and enjoy the cooler weather... i know it will be the end of october... but there is still a chance of it being stupid hot and humid in the afternoon. I figure i, cjsdad, and whoever else will leave around 7:00 a.m. and run the speed limit or 5 over (b/c of GSP and gas milage) and be there at 8:30 or a little before. That would also give time for coffee should we be ahead of schedule.

additionally... i dont how it is in the fall time, but when i went a few months ago, some trails were a bit overgrown and had branches and prickly bushes hanging out. Two ways to do this...

My way: Suck it up and be cold on the way up there with NO top and NO doors... this prevents torn soft tops and trail rashed doors.

the other way: stay warm on the way there and suck it up when your doors get scratched to hell.

just wanted to give folks a heads up that the trails there are relatively narrow with some overgrowth... may be different by october though.

ATTN ALL:: Please note that I will be camping Saturday... therefore, I will not be meeting at the Waffle House @ 6:30 A.M. If you all want to meet still... feel free... but I will not be there. Please confirm you have received this message if you were originally planning to meet me. I will post this retroactively

Last edited by 07JKX; 10-22-2007 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Beasley Trail Run - October