Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Digital Camcorder Suggestions

Old 04-20-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Kyle
I went with the 75, a 3ft Firestick, a spring, and 18ft of coax.

Now I have to install it...probably tomorrow. I need two decals of the the Deliverance banjo kid so I can make a little flag for my CB antenna.

Anyone fuse/relay the CB, or just run the + to the cig lighter + and the - to chassis ground?

I plan on getting the Painless Wiring Cirkit Boss to hook all the aux stuff too, but I don't have it yet.

Got my tire patched. It had a tiny hole in it. Now, I can go to Hardrock tomorrow.
IMO, no relay required due to such low amp draw. fuse the hot side 8" from battery and run both hot and ground all the way to battery for best performance.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottrock
IMO, no relay required due to such low amp draw. fuse the hot side 8" from battery and run both hot and ground all the way to battery for best performance.
What size fuse should I use? I guess the better question would be how do I determine what size fuse to add to a given device?
Old 04-20-2009, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

What size fuse should I use? I guess the better question would be how do I determine what size fuse to add to a given device?
Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
The 75 should come with a fuse shouldn't it? I can't remember
most electronics will come with a fuse & fuse body (unless the device is internally fused) but if your CB didn't come with one, read the manual. It will list the units required voltage/amps, etc. and fuse appropriately.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok I just checked, my 75 came with fuse, its inline contained in the white plastic housing and I did wire mine to the cig lighter, works for me I got a 1.1 reading on swr but the battery is right thru the firewall and I believe there is foam in top passenger side corner you can get thru to the engine bay and be right by the battery

Quick Reply: Digital Camcorder Suggestions