Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Houston area

Old 04-30-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston area

Moving from Northern California to the houston/kingwood area, looking for some sweet spots to take my '12 wrangler wheeling, any help would be greatly appreciated folks!!! thanks!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Well...I can tell you I grew up in SoCal and moved to TX a while back and Texas may be one of the biggest states but it's more than lacking in trails. Couple good ones that come to mind are gonna be a few hour drive from Houston/Kingwood...Barnwell Mountain and Long Ranch...both great places. Joe long owns Long Ranch and is a great guy...and his ranch is open to the public for $25 a vehicle, open every weekend usually, you can camp anywhere you want on his land...beautiful Texas hill country with plenty of granite to crawl around on. You can google both and get their websites for more info. You'll also be close to General Sam's off road park...but plan to get muddy...real muddy....great place if you're into mud and playing in it. Wish there were as many options as Cali but unlike Cali....Texas is almost all private land where as Cali has almost as much national park as it does private land. I'm going to be making a Long Ranch trip next month and then a Moab trip in July if you're up for the trips. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks-Mike
Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

more than helpful! i appreciate the info, we definitely have it made in cali with the trails up and down the state, a Moab trip sounds pretty kick ass, hopefullyi will be settled in by then and able to make a trip out there thanks again.

-Aaron

Quick Reply: Houston area