Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Just Bought a 2010 Black Jeep Rubicon/ Trying to find the Original owner

Old 05-02-2011, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought a 2010 Black Jeep Rubicon/ Trying to find the Original owner

This jeep came only had 1 owner , and came from Kodiak Tenn. I have alot of questions about the lift that was installed.Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	156362
Old 05-03-2011, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jthing86
This jeep came only had 1 owner , and came from Kodiak Tenn. I have alot of questions about the lift that was installed.Attachment 156362
man thats like a needle in a haystack bud. On a brighter note I lived not far from there. Good luck in your search. If you can make a friend down at the dealership someone might slip ya the name.

EDIT: NM I SEE THE SOUTH LOGO You might just pull it off unless the original owner is no longer on here anymore. Looks like they started the work on it and gas prices or life got in the way and they traded her off. Be good to her, she will treat you right just as long as you do the same to her
Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks For your help, I looked under at the bump stops and springs and stuff. I got Teraflex bump stops, Old Man Emu coils and sway bar connectors. I am still running stock shocks which I Guess I should Upgrade since I am running 35's. I have alot of damage on the under carriage. My fuel tank skid plate is bent so far up it has dented my gas tank very bad. Also my muffler is dented extremely bad which is easy to replace. My diff is all dented on the bottom too. I know its a Jeep and its made for offroading, but I hope I didnt throw my money away buying a jeep that has been ragged. I learned my lesson though, I will Fully Inspect my next purchase, and not buy anymore cars at night when I can't see!!!! This is my first wrangler I have always wanted one, I hope it turns out for the best!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

I found a Warrenty Card with the name Samuel King on it. Anybody know Sam? Tell him I bought his Jeep .
Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have alot of damage on the under carriag.
Sepends on the damage if this is a big deal or not

My fuel tank skid plate is bent so far up it has dented my gas tank very bad.
Easy Fix, replace the skid plate and unless the dent has weakened the gas tank dont worry about it.

Also my muffler is dented extremely bad which is easy to replace.
You're correct very easy to replace.

My diff is all dented on the bottom too.
What part is actually dented? The pumpkin or the cover?

I know its a Jeep and its made for offroading, but I hope I didnt throw my money away buying a jeep that has been ragged.
No one should ever purchase a jeep expecting anything less than being offroaded.

I learned my lesson though, I will Fully Inspect my next purchase, and not buy anymore cars at night when I can't see!!!! This is my first wrangler I have always wanted one, I hope it turns out for the best!
Lesson learned. The issues are minor and easily fixed. Replacements can be gotten from a salvage yard easily or even on here. Never purchase a car at night lol. Congrats on the wrangler bud and keep the shiney side up. Welcome to the family.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jthing86
I have alot of damage on the under carriage. My fuel tank skid plate is bent so far up it has dented my gas tank very bad. Also my muffler is dented extremely bad which is easy to replace. My diff is all dented on the bottom too.
Sounds like what the underside of mine looks like after wheeling rocks at superlift... it's all cosmetic though, no biggie.

Quick Reply: Just Bought a 2010 Black Jeep Rubicon/ Trying to find the Original owner