Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Lift kit opinions

Old 03-10-2009, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit opinions

I am sure this has been covered in excess, but I really need some input here. I am seriously considering the Full Traction premium 3" kit with the shock upgrade. Here's a link to it. Opinions anyone?
http://www .4wd.com/productdetails.a...5&partID=13113

Last edited by 08{GA}RUBICON; 03-10-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recommend that you do a search in these forums. There seems to be allot of issues with quality control. I remember hearing mostly annoying things. But, I also remember reading about allot of worn out joints.

I have a Clayton Offroad kit, so I cannot comment from first hand experience.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Interesting. I read a write-up on the Project JK site that gave it pretty good marks. I have also looked into the Terafles and RE kits as well.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Look for opinions of those with the kit; they will be able to tell you more than someone running a different lift and not be biased.
Originally Posted by tgrt
I recommend that you do a search in these forums. There seems to be allot of issues with quality control. I remember hearing mostly annoying things. But, I also remember reading about allot of worn out joints.

I have a Clayton Offroad kit, so I cannot comment from first hand experience.
I dont know if I'd go as far as saying "allot of issues" regarding FT.. that said, I personally would not want them after reading their warranty compared to someone like Clayton.
Originally Posted by jeepguy553
Interesting. I read a write-up on the Project JK site that gave it pretty good marks. I have also looked into the Terafles and RE kits as well.
Definitely check out the comments regarding RE. I think I have read more negative comments about them than anyone else.. even from WOL recently although he covered to say he was not sure if the problems have been corrected.

TF is a very active sponsor here and many many people seem to like their products.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I had a Full Traction kit on my TJ and it was awesome! I like their stuff as well as TeraFlex! I'm going one of these companies for my next lift!
Old 03-11-2009, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

The FT premium kit looks like a pretty straight-forward install. The write-up on the Project JK site gave it great reviews. I need to look around for some write-ups on the Teraflex kit. As of right now it looks like it's gonna be the FT kit.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Whatever you decide, make sure the kit has everything you need. I read about more folks that buy kits then buy additional parts their kit didn't come with. I like TF myself.picking up a 4" lift this summer
Old 03-17-2009, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Which kits are the ones that don't come with everything? I need to make sure that I don't go with one of those.

Quick Reply: Lift kit opinions