Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Louisiana JK Spotted thread......

Old 08-09-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go back to work tomorrow and will get my calender updated. I will find a day in the next week or three (I will be in FL for a bit so I'll have to schedule around that) for a group meet at the spillway and post a new thread about it. We will adjust the date if needed to accommodate everyone. Would everyone prefer a Saturday or Sunday? Once football season starts I will be out for Sundays though, I am a football junkie.

I would like to start organizing some regular meets for the GNO area if anybody is interested, as there doesn't seem to be much going on down here in that regard. I have found a couple of groups, but they don't seem to be very active, and frankly seem a little to family oriented for my personal taste. I like my frosty cold beverages and don't want to have to watch my language (I cuss a lot). I like rolling with a slightly more "carefree" group, if ya'll know what I mean. LOL I realize not everyone on the forums may share my views on that, and that's fine, but don't lecture me. I don't care. If you don't like it, don't join me, it won't hurt my feelings at all. I will also invite some non-JK friends I have to participate, so feel free to invite others.

Last edited by DoubleZero; 08-09-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good man. Right now Sundays are best for me, but once football starts up I am the same way.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Default Spillway Trip

Originally Posted by 4WHLN
Yea DoubleZero and I made a afternoon out there. Had a great time. I even got to pull a Z71 out of a mud hole. (That was great)
Tim, next time we should plan a trip further in advance so we can get some more locals to go. .
I'm interested in going out to the Spillway on weekends too... If you get a convoy going, let me know.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Default Spillway Trips

Originally Posted by DoubleZero
You ever go out to the spillway? Can't see your face to well in the picture, but the jeep looks like the one that pulled me out of a mud hole a couple days after I bought it (I had a discussion about the temp tag in my window with the guys who unstuck me).
Nope, wasn't me. But I'm interested in future Spillway trips. Keep in touch.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Spent the last 3 1/2 years of my 20 in the Navy stationed in Belle Chasse. Once I retired, I relocated to Bossier City. I do have to say that I miss Mo's Pizza (best muffaletta's IMO) and red fishing.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

I'm in for some spillway action. Just need a couple days notice. Sounds fun. I've never been back there. I'd love to meet everyone.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm down for a spillway run as well!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK guys. Now that we have successfully hijacked this thread, I guess it's time we let it get back to it's intended purpose. I have posted a new thread for organizing the spillway trip, tentatively scheduled for August 30th. Please move our organizational efforts to that thread.

-Tim

BTW 4WHLN, where are those pics at? I wanna see 'em!

Last edited by DoubleZero; 08-13-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DoubleZero
OK guys.

BTW 4WHLN, where are those pics at? I wanna see 'em!
Yea about those pics....... my photobucket account wont read my pics off my phone
Looks like we will have to get more pics on the 30th
Old 08-19-2009, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default 09 JK In Mandeville.

JK Here in Mandeville.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01311.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	28848