Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

New Orv Park In Ga!!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Orv Park In Ga!!

Hey guys I know its been a while since I posted, but I have been busy working. Just to let ya'll know I work at a place in Union Point GA called Durhamtown Plantation. I work EMS there on the weekends. If you ride ATV'S or Dirtbikes I know you probably have heard of it or been there before. It is the largest private MX and ATV place in the USA with over 8500 acres of trails (over 100 actual miles of trails) and 6 MX tracks. Well the owner has decided to build a 4X4 trail system. It is scheduled to be open around March 1st. I rode over there on Sunday and it looks pretty good. There are hill climbs, ditches, whoops to crawl over and a good trail system. They have been working non-stop for the past month. He has started with 250 acres but has dedicated 2500 acres if it really picks up and people start really coming in. I am very excited about this because it is about an hour from Augusta and an hour from the Atlanta area,it to be a premier place to wheel and be a family oriented place like Durhamtown already is. The plans in the future are to have full and no hook up camp sites, guide service, and who knows what else. He is building it to accomodate the stock vehicles to the hardcore rockcrawling rigs. No more having to drive 4 to 5 hrs to have fun wheeling. I don't know what the price will be, but I would guess somewhere around 10 - 25 dollars a day, which is close to what the other private ORV parks charge. There are bypasses for the extreme obsticles so you don't have to hit it if you don't want to. If you have never been to Durhamtown Plantation it is awsome. Check it out online at www.durhamtown.com there is no information on the web page about the ORV trails yet but I have the inside scoop and will keep you posted. Oh and if any of you guys want to ride dirtbikes sometime let me know. Later Jeff
Old 02-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet! Finally something to offset the loss of land.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey its good to see you back on the boards. Im pumped about this new park. Are there any threads in the durhamtown forum about this?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

Good news.. I'll post this up our our local forum since for some reason I'm not allowed to mention them here anymore.

We've been hearing about a park called Wild West that is supposed to be 30 minutes south of Tellico, but not sure if that will ever turn real.

The area you are talking about is starved for a park like that. We'll head over. We'll even help clearing trails and ceaning up if you need it.

Keep us posted.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MAROONJEEP
Hey its good to see you back on the boards. Im pumped about this new park. Are there any threads in the durhamtown forum about this?
Not yet but if you post a question about it (hint, hint). I am pretty sure Mike will answer your question and it might get him pumped up about it more.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor

Really you cannot mention the club. That's odd. At any rate, did anything ever bear fruit from that possibility in Douglasville. Now Douglasville would be perfect for me! Everything else is a haul except perhaps Morris Mountain.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RotorHead
Good news.. I'll post this up our our local forum since for some reason I'm not allowed to mention them here anymore.

We've been hearing about a park called Wild West that is supposed to be 30 minutes south of Tellico, but not sure if that will ever turn real.

The area you are talking about is starved for a park like that. We'll head over. We'll even help clearing trails and ceaning up if you need it.

Keep us posted.
Trail maintenance is a big issue on the ATV trails, because they get torn up so quick and with only a few employees that do trail maintenance. I can only imagine what the 4X4 trails are going to look like after a few months of wheeling. You could mention this to Mike on the forum to see what he says, maybe club meeting as a clean up day or something. He would more than likely go for it.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK7349
Trail maintenance is a big issue on the ATV trails, because they get torn up so quick and with only a few employees that do trail maintenance. I can only imagine what the 4X4 trails are going to look like after a few months of wheeling. You could mention this to Mike on the forum to see what he says, maybe club meeting as a clean up day or something. He would more than likely go for it.
Cool, I'll create a login over there and talk to Mike.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff... good to see you around again... check out the other thread for wheelin with us on the 23 and 24...

keep us posted on this trail system!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
Jeff... good to see you around again... check out the other thread for wheelin with us on the 23 and 24...

keep us posted on this trail system!
10-4! I will keep ya'll posted. I wish I could go on the 23 and 24 but like always I will be working.

Quick Reply: New Orv Park In Ga!!