Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

tellico jj

Old 07-22-2007, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tellico jj

Anyone going to the Oct. Jeep Jamboree in Tellico NC? Im in for sure. Did the Oak Ridge TN jamboree back in April with the stock Rubi and would love to ride and see up close and in action some other JK's.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

woa Jeep Jamboree at Tellico?? got a link or more info?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me too!
Old 07-26-2007, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Default tellico jj

Just go to jeepjamboreeusa.com and go to events.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

The price just seems a little excessive for just a trail ride and some meals. Seems like you would do better just to get together with a couple peeps in your local club and rent a cabin out there. Would save a lot of money, and wouldn't have to worry about the huge traffic jam that is JJ Tellico.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

That's what I think too. I could maybe see spending the money to go somewhere you wouldn't otherwise be able to go, but in this case I just don't see it.

Why does the passenger cost as much as the driver?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go anyother time of the year it costs 5 dollars per person per day to go on the trails. Crawfords camp is the place to stay and the closest about 1 mile from the trail head. A full hook up camp site is like 18 bucks a nite plus they have a rock garden and a fully stocked shop that you can rent with the use of tools pretty cheap! During the Jamboree if you didn't have a site reserved don't try to go you won't find anyplace to stay within 20 miles. Just alittle info.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

The jamboree groups have a bad tendency to clog up the trails in Tellico. Most of the people have never had their Jeeps off road. I was trying to get to Fain's ford coming from trail 5 once and came upon a group heading the other way, stopped eating lunch. I asked one guy if he minded moving off to the side so I could get by and he said I would have to ask the "trail guide." I just started going by anyway and he quickly moved. I used to always go that weekend, then changed to the 3rd weekend of October instead. Too many vehicles.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

i sure wouldnt want to be in a big group.. i know last time Georgia Trail Riders went we had 11 or so vehicles, i think, and it took awhile for some of the stuff and we all had a decent idea of offroading, i couldnt imagine what it would be like with a lot of people not having a clue being spotted every step on the way...

Quick Reply: tellico jj