Notices
South Africa If you live in South Africa and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Mods = Discarded Parts! What to do with it?

Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods = Discarded Parts! What to do with it?

I suppose this is a common problem for anyone modifying their JK's, but what does one do with all the stuff taken of the vehicle?? For example I will be the proud owner of two perfect original front and rear bumpers this time tomorrow!! woohoo!! Where do you guys go with the stuff?? I tried to see if one of the decent panel beaters wouldn't be interested, but they gave me the lame story of not being able to keep stock on their floor! So, thus far I have a soft top and bumpers!! Maybe I should keep it and once done modifying my ride, I could build another JK for the missus!!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Those parts all get listed in the For Sale section here on the forum...so you can get more money for MORE mods!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tried to sell some of it, didnt work, no one was interested.

tried to GIVE it away, suddenly everyone was interested. I couldnt ship the big stuff, and people actually wanted me to pay for shipping to send them something i was GIVING away. seriously? I dont friggin think so. That happened several times.

I threw it all in the junk.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Buffel, what bumpers did you go for?

I have the same issue, however I am keeping everything for now, as there is a very slight small chance that I might be upgrading to a rubicon.....

If you really dont want it, put it on "gomboom" or on one of the SA 4x4 websites...
Old 06-22-2011, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

how much you want for the soft top shipped?

just kidding it's probably pretty expensive from Jburg..
Old 06-22-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I've kept it all so I can return to stock if I want. On my old truck I kept part well after the truck was gone, tried to sell them and got no interest so I took them to the salvage yard to "recycle" them. The yard said they couldn't buy or sell the parts without the title so they wouldn't give me money but said they would recycle them for me. That was good enough for me. Keeps it out if the landfills.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vann
Buffel, what bumpers did you go for?

I have the same issue, however I am keeping everything for now, as there is a very slight small chance that I might be upgrading to a rubicon.....

If you really dont want it, put it on "gomboom" or on one of the SA 4x4 websites...
I went for the Mopar front and rears! Normally veeerrrrry expensive, but I got a good deal, so in the end not too bad! There is a pic of them in the "show and tell" section! The added bonus was that Jeep bought my soft top back from me, so at least that part paid for my bumpers!

Quick Reply: Mods = Discarded Parts! What to do with it?