Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels

Old 07-07-2010, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
Awesome! The polished finish looks great on your Rescue Green
Thank you! I am super happy about the way these look.

The spacing from the fenders

Spacing in front

Spacing in rear

From the front

Last edited by HotFrosty; 07-07-2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Adding pics
Old 07-07-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

DTD, Would it be possible to get a few more pics of the white jeep from different angles? Looks awesome on stone white.

Seriously considering getting a set. Thanks
Old 07-07-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HotFrosty
I took the 35" Mickey Thompson's off my old truck and mounted them to the 15 MB72's.
This Jeep looks beefy and stable! There has been absolutely no rubbing at all in normal street driving with my teraflex leveling kit.
I have noticed a bit more noise from these tires, but nothing overwhelming. And a super tiny bit of shaking in the steering wheel. This might be because these tire are used (uneven wear from the 1979 GMC). However, they were balanced.

I will do my best to get out soon and pull the sway bar disco's and see where and if they rub on anything.
Or am I just being a pest and no one cares about this but me?

Nice ! Do you have regeared yet ?
Old 07-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by failtrain
DTD, Would it be possible to get a few more pics of the white jeep from different angles? Looks awesome on stone white.

Seriously considering getting a set. Thanks
Unfortunately we don't have any more photos to show and there are different wheels on that white Jeep currently. If we come across anymore, we'll certainly post up
Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MasterG
Nice ! Do you have regeared yet ?
I haven't even thought about it yet. I doubt I'll get to do much more to the Jeep this year after I finish figuring out this wheel situation.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Just had mine put on this morning with the 33x12.5 Wrangler Duratracs. I was a little apprehensive about the tires sticking out too far, but they really do look great; not excessive at all. I'll post up some pics shortly.

And thanks to Matt & Travis for all the help via PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Poindexter
Just had mine put on this morning with the 33x12.5 Wrangler Duratracs. I was a little apprehensive about the tires sticking out too far, but they really do look great; not excessive at all. I'll post up some pics shortly.

Anytime We're here to help Looking forward to the photos!

-Matt
Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Poindexter

Uuhh cant wait for the pics. Get a good shot of how far they stick out if you could.
This is the tire I wanna go with too. Let me know how the ride is and what Load Range you got ... So excited
Old 07-09-2010, 03:25 AM
JK Newbie

hub centric? Im looking for black wheels with all terrain 33's in a C load range
Old 07-09-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK_Zero
Uuhh cant wait for the pics. Get a good shot of how far they stick out if you could.
This is the tire I wanna go with too. Let me know how the ride is and what Load Range you got ... So excited
Hang tight; I won't be able to get some pics until Saturday. (4.6M things on the to-do list for today, unfortunately.) I'll get one with a tape measure so you can see specifics. In the meantime:

Load range = C. The ride feels great thusfar. I'd say it's comparable to stock, but that's only after about 25 miles of on-road driving. I haven't felt a performance hit, and there hasn't been anything that has jumped out as being excessively different/abnormal. The Duratracs are definitely quiet.

Quick Reply: 15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels