Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels

Old 06-22-2010, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by qf4phlyer
I love the MB72 15" wheels, I've had them for about a month which includes a 2000 mile round trip. Going from load range D 17" to a load range C 15" makes a big difference in the ride. Glad I made the change.
Not the right place to ask, but why are you glad you went C over D? softer ride? I thought we'd always want E for sidewall protection when off road?
Old 06-24-2010, 04:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How does a fella go about getting his name on a list for a set of the 15''ers in black? Don't know if I can afford tires at the same time, but regardless i want the wheels.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I got home last night the Rims were waiting for me. I hope to get this done soon.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Bump. We have some 35x12.50R15 KM2's coming back in stock Monday or Tuesday of next week. We are taking orders for them now. If you would like a set please let us know ASAP. This size does not stay on the shelf very long.

Originally Posted by Harbourone
How does a fella go about getting his name on a list for a set of the 15''ers in black? Don't know if I can afford tires at the same time, but regardless i want the wheels.
Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 and we would be happy to put a set on hold for you

Last edited by Discount Tire; 06-24-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does this work, ordering thru the Forum, if I have a local dealer?

Do I order thru you guys and you ship to your local store and they mount and balance, or do I mention the Forum at the local store when I order?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

If you have a local store near you I would recommend ordering directly through them. They aren't required to give you a Jk-forum member discount but if you ask them about it they may honor it. In-store purchases do come with some added services that are not included with any online purchase so be sure to ask for full details as to what is included with your purchase.

If you want to purchase online we can mount and balance the wheel and tire package before we send them to you. You can then bolt them on yourself or take them into your local store for the installation. Local installation charges may apply.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HotFrosty
When I got home last night the Rims were waiting for me. I hope to get this done soon.
you going to be at the suds and grub? i've been wanting to see these wheels in person i've been racking my brain over getting them or not.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roeanoke
you going to be at the suds and grub? i've been wanting to see these wheels in person i've been racking my brain over getting them or not.
Yes, I will be at Parry's pizza. However, I wont get them on until next weekend.
I don't live far from the Pizza joint and you are welcome to swing by afterward.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tires are on!

I took the 35" Mickey Thompson's off my old truck and mounted them to the 15 MB72's.
This Jeep looks beefy and stable! There has been absolutely no rubbing at all in normal street driving with my teraflex leveling kit.
I have noticed a bit more noise from these tires, but nothing overwhelming. And a super tiny bit of shaking in the steering wheel. This might be because these tire are used (uneven wear from the 1979 GMC). However, they were balanced.

I will do my best to get out soon and pull the sway bar disco's and see where and if they rub on anything.
Or am I just being a pest and no one cares about this but me?

Last edited by HotFrosty; 07-07-2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Adding pic
Old 07-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Awesome! The polished finish looks great on your Rescue Green

Quick Reply: 15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels