Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

OR Fab Rear Tire Carrier Pre Order sale

Old 09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I know is this WILL be on my Jeep. Line-Xed of course.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As mentioned steel has gone up 66+% this year and is continuing to climb. That being said it is possible for an in stock item to be lower then a new item simply because steel was cheaper at the time it was produced.
There is a very good possibility that instead of the non can holder comming down all the rest of them are going to go up.

I work in a plant that uses alot of steel in our products and we have had several price increases this year alone, and will be doing another 15-20% increase next month because of steel.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by FuLcRuM
As mentioned steel has gone up 66+% this year and is continuing to climb. That being said it is possible for an in stock item to be lower then a new item simply because steel was cheaper at the time it was produced.
There is a very good possibility that instead of the non can holder comming down all the rest of them are going to go up.

I work in a plant that uses alot of steel in our products and we have had several price increases this year alone, and will be doing another 15-20% increase next month because of steel.
You are absolutely correct about the steel price increases. And there is no sense in mentioning all the other raw materials, as we're all in the same boat and know what's gone on there.

On the "tire only" carrier there is some savings in the tube steel, as the projection is about 4" less than the tire & can carrier. That material savings equates to about $15 in raw goods. We are having to fabricate a pin for this carrier so that Dealerships can put this carrier on vehicles with stock rims.

We understand that there are expectations that have to be met with regard to price, and we are falling short... which isn't good. So, we've agreed to include the 3rd Brake light with all the pre-order kits. This is a $99 item and hopefully will be a savings to most people and put the entire package pricing in line with people's expectations.

Yates
Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by yhudson
You are absolutely correct about the steel price increases. And there is no sense in mentioning all the other raw materials, as we're all in the same boat and know what's gone on there.

On the "tire only" carrier there is some savings in the tube steel, as the projection is about 4" less than the tire & can carrier. That material savings equates to about $15 in raw goods. We are having to fabricate a pin for this carrier so that Dealerships can put this carrier on vehicles with stock rims.

We understand that there are expectations that have to be met with regard to price, and we are falling short... which isn't good. So, we've agreed to include the 3rd Brake light with all the pre-order kits. This is a $99 item and hopefully will be a savings to most people and put the entire package pricing in line with people's expectations.

Yates

Thanks for the response. I kinda figured it was due to steel prices and just the overall increase of costs involved in development and production. The added 3rd brake light will probably be enough addition value to make me feel good about this purchase. Nothing is worse then buying something and feeling like you got hosed. Im not saying your product isnt high quality or worth what you are asking, it just didnt meet MY expectation on price. Thats why I appreciate you taking the time to address this and make an effort to meet all customer expections (even if they arent based in reality )
Old 09-11-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Yates,

Thanks for the quick responce, and for the third brake light on the pre-orders. Iam going to call David at Northridge and get my order in.

Thanks Again
Old 09-11-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Junkie

Ok, Im gonna bite. David, I'll call you tomorrow to pre-order one.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Pre-Order taken care of , Thanks David.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by boots
Pre-Order taken care of , Thanks David.
I pre-ordered mine today too... and its all YOUR fault. All of your posts requesting this thing convinced me that it was exactly what I wanted too
Old 09-12-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Happy to be of help. At least iam not alone.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

SUCKERS!!!! :p Just kidding!!!! I think I just finalized a new setup so that it'll work with stock and aftermarket rims and still be lockable. Fixtures are done and I think they actually started production today, if not monday. We're looking pretty good for shipping by end of the month as promised.

Khris

Quick Reply: OR Fab Rear Tire Carrier Pre Order sale