Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

OR Fab Rear Tire Carrier Pre Order sale

Old 12-31-2008, 06:41 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by asjackman
Yates,
I purchased this about 3 months ago. First, I was missing the part to lock the tire carrier, then my dog chewed the lower tailgate hinge spacer polyurethane block (deeper dish versus upper spacer) that mounts to the swing gate. I have been in contact with Dale, but he has sent the upper block two times now. I am trying to get this tire carrier out of my dinning room, but can't until I get the lower spacer. Is there something you can do to help speed this process up?

Allan
Hi Allan,

Consider it done. Can you PM me your address?

Yates
Old 12-31-2008, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yates and Steve,

Thanks for the quick response to the concerns I had with the install of my Or-Fab Carrier. Per my conversation with Steve on the phone today, it looks like everything was addressed.

1) The gap on the block is normal, it looks like the block was bent in the photo I posted but it is not. It was just that the body contour made it look like it was. The block was level and inline with the tailgate.

2) Mounting the AEV wheel and 37" spare. Looks like it's just a matter of a longer T-handle. Iam a Millwright by trade and can make this up myself...

Thanks again guy's.......

Last edited by boots; 12-31-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by boots
Yates and Steve,

Thanks for the quick response to the concerns I had with the install of my Or-Fab Carrier. Per my conversation with Steve on the phone today, it looks like everything was addressed.

1) The gap on the block is normal, it looks like the block was bent in the photo I posted but it is not. It was just that the body contour made it look like it was. The block was level and inline with the tailgate.

2) Mounting the AEV wheel and 37" spare. Looks like it's just a matter of a longer T-handle. Iam a Millwright by trade and can make this up myself...

Thanks again guy's.......
Hey Boots,

I had a buddy send me a pic of my block this morning (before you talked to Steve), and yours looks great. I thought mine was flush, but there is a gap on both sides. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, I've been having my kids kick my butt on the slopes.

We do have a longer bar for the AEV Pinter wheels. Do we need to send you this?

Have a great New Year!

Yates
Old 01-01-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by yhudson
Hey Boots,

I had a buddy send me a pic of my block this morning (before you talked to Steve), and yours looks great. I thought mine was flush, but there is a gap on both sides. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, I've been having my kids kick my butt on the slopes.

We do have a longer bar for the AEV Pinter wheels
. Do we need to send you this?

Have a great New Year!

Yates
Hey Yates,

I went ahead and built an adapter just like your 87012, only with the 5 on 5 bolt pattern for the JK. The AEV wheel bolted up just fine...

Last edited by boots; 01-05-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

Will either this carrier or the other jerry can carrier work with the AEV corner armor? I wonder since the armor curves up around the TG hinges... Maybe I should drive up from Phx and have you test fit one... Then maybe I should just drive around with it on there for a while to make sure it holds up... THEN, we can talk about a discounted price!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by RubiJK
Will either this carrier or the other jerry can carrier work with the AEV corner armor? I wonder since the armor curves up around the TG hinges... Maybe I should drive up from Phx and have you test fit one... Then maybe I should just drive around with it on there for a while to make sure it holds up... THEN, we can talk about a discounted price!
We will take you up on your offer! We've had MANY customers ask the same question. We've even gotten some feedback from the folks at AEV, but we've never had any feedback after an install. PM me on when you can drive up. We'll help you with the install, and at the same time we'll get documentation and pictures for our instructions.

Steve has promised me he'll work you a discount that will more than cover the gas.

Yates

Quick Reply: OR Fab Rear Tire Carrier Pre Order sale