Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

OR-Fab Rock Sliders & Side Armor

Old 08-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OR-Fab Rock Sliders & Side Armor

OR-Fab has been making Rock Sliders since the YJs. The JK model has recently undergone a revision and we were told that Little Sluice and Big Sluice were good testing grounds for this mod. The difference between our original JK Sliders and the new modification is; 1) We have increased the Tube diameter, and 2) We have the tube extend further from the body so that you can use it as a step (very similar to our TJ Sliders).

We had a blast trying to beat these sliders! I'll post a before and several after pictures on this thread. I'll also make a second post on this thread explaining how these attach, as this is a very common question.

First, my pre-run poser picture.

Next, several pictures showing the slider after we finished our trip and loaded the jeeps on the trailers. I wanted to make this a panoramic, but my photoshop skills are limited so I'll just have to post a bunch of pics.

Over a three day trip we had all the weight on one side of the vehicle supported by the sliders. Needless to say the sliders worked just as they were designed to work, and we had a lot of fun putting them to the test.

Finally, the Rocker Side Armor. These are 3/16" plate and will be offered Raw, Wrinkle Black, and Bicycle Black.

Next month we will run a promotion on these Rocker Side Armor parts. For those folks that already have our Rock Sliders you will get a special price on the Side Armor parts. For those that want both the Sliders and Side Armor you'll get a great price on the combo.

Yates
Old 08-19-2009, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the slider two peices bolted together?
Old 08-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
is the slider two peices bolted together?
Great question. On the 2dr version they are one piece, and on the Unlimited version they are two piece bolted together with Gr 8 hardware. I'm about to post the install details.

Yates
Old 08-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Default More info on OR-Fab Rock Sliders

Below describes the mounting of our OR-Fab Rock Sliders for the 2 door JK. Mounting is similar for the 4dr JK, but there are obviously more connection points. The Rock Sliders mount to the lower body rocker seam on the JK jeeps with seven 5/16-18 x 1 Stainless Button Head bolts. These bolts are fastened to the pinch seam which runs length wise along the body. Photos #1 and #2 depict the description.

The underside of the jeep tub/floor has a rocker stiffener that runs parallel down the inside of the rocker. The underside of OR-Fab Rock Sliders has three channels welded to it that fit flat up against the bottom of the jeep's floor stiffener. Shown in the photo below.

There are three other mounting points to the Rock Slider which mount to the tub/floor stiffener using three 3/8-16 x 2 Carriage Bolts. Steel Straps (1/4" thick) are inserted into the floor stiffener and used as fastening joints from the bottom. This is shown in pics 4 & 5.

Pretty simple stuff. Extremely sturdy stuff at the same time. I hoping to get some posts up on the "Show and Tell" portion tonight from our testing over the past weekend.

Yates
Old 08-20-2009, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

I need a set for my 2 door, been waiting for a deal on some, these will go great with the stinger bumper
Old 08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

We have determined part numbers and pricing for the Rocker Side Armor (3/16 plate armor above the rock sliders). The 2dr part number is 84310 and will retail at $218.99 for the set. The 4dr part number is 84320 and will retail at $259.99 for the set.

In September a 25% discount will be offered on Rocker Side Armor, when this product is purchased with our Rock Sliders. For those customers that already have our Rock Sliders the discount will also be in effect.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

I like the side armour a lot.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Default Rock Slider Pricing

Originally Posted by yhudson
We have determined part numbers and pricing for the Rocker Side Armor (3/16 plate armor above the rock sliders). The 2dr part number is 84310 and will retail at $218.99 for the set. The 4dr part number is 84320 and will retail at $259.99 for the set.

In September a 25% discount will be offered on Rocker Side Armor, when this product is purchased with our Rock Sliders. For those customers that already have our Rock Sliders the discount will also be in effect.
Our OR-Fab Division will be running a promo for "Fall Build-ups" on our JK Rock Sliders. From Sept 1 thru Nov 30 our retailers will be discounting our 2 Dr Rock Sliders $100!! These have been selling for $559.99 and we're asking them to sell for $459.99. The savings on the 4dr Rocks Sliders is even more... The suggested sell for the 4 dr is now $599.99 which is a discount of almost $229!

I've been told that Northridge4X4 is up-to-date and ready to roll with this new pricing.

Yates
Old 08-30-2009, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice ! i love it!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Default Bushwacker Fenders

Hi All,

We've been asked about the Rocker Side Armor fitting with stock fenders versus Bushwacker fenders. We have programmed the lasers for both Stock and Bushwacker fenders. Most warehouses are stocking this part for stock fenders fitments. "IF" you have the Bushwacker fenders you need to specify when ordering, as we will probably have to ship this order direct for the retailer.

Yates

Quick Reply: OR-Fab Rock Sliders & Side Armor