Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Finally Available: Plug and Play LED fog lamps. Don't miss this thread!

Old 02-19-2014, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mda0303
I read through all 37 pages and couldn't get definitive answers to a few of questions.. 1) How close is the color on these to TruckLite's? Im super picky about fogs / headlights matching. 2) Does anyone have a pics of the smoked lens installed with TruckLites? I want to match them when they're off as well. TruckLites give a smoked impression. I was about to click the order button on Rigid Dually's until i saw this thread.
i do smoked lensClick image for larger version

Name:	image-2978954459.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	532066
Old 02-19-2014, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was all the mounting hardware supposed to be included ....nuts bolts ect....?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chad s
i do smoked lensAttachment 532066
Pics don't really do justice. Do you think they match? Do you think the clear would have matched better?
Old 02-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bonanza
Got mine in a few days ago and just installed them. I got the white floods, and mounted them to my bumper, with the intent to use them a bit like fog lights. I have a set of IPF halogen driving lights mounted to my windshield, so I am comparing these to not only my headlights, but also those.

My initial impressions were great! Heavy little cubes, felt and looked very well-made. One of my kits was missing a lock washer, which was a slight annoyance, but a small trip to ACE hardware and $0.30 later I was back in business. The connector was and is the selling point for me on these. With my new bumper, I lost my factory fog lights and the old wiring was just dangling there. I wanted to plug and play some new ones and re-use the factory switch on the blinker stalk. These plugged right in with no hassle. I was worried a bit about the flicker I read about, but I have not seen any, nor do I expect to see any in the future based on what everyone else has experienced.

The light output on these is pretty neat. I have a number of cool LED flashlights that utilize the same technology, and these lights are essentially just 4 of those placed in a cube. In all, I wasn't blown away by the light output, but then, all I want from these is to replace my fog lights. My windshield mounted halogens are intensely brighter, and that may be due to the angle of the light beam (driving pattern v. flood) as well, so take that with a grain of salt.

These lights sort of just blend in with my headlights, and fill in the space between my low beams and where my vision gets cut off from the front of the hood. In hindsight, I have to say I would have gotten the spots if I could, and I would have gotten amber. The flood pattern shoots off light all over the place, which I suppose I should have expected. But even aiming these at the ground to the furthest extent possible allowed by the bracket, the light still is projected high-- up and above my roofline level. So, these will be unusable on the street, no question. So, these will now fill a very niche roll offroading, which, where I live, would have been better served by amber light. (Heavy dust)

Would I buy these again? Yes! A great product, and the plug and play harness is perfect for those who are hesitant to cut/tap/strip wiring.

Should these replace the factory fog lights? No-- at least the flood pattern, mounted at on-top-of-bumper height. This pattern at this height is strictly off-road use only.

The pricing on these is fantastic, and I would buy more of them if I had more places to mount them! My only advice to people is to have a plan as to what you want out of a light, so you can be sure the pattern and color you pick will suit your needs.

All in all, I would absolutely recommend these lights to anyone who asked. These won't exactly turn night into day, but that's why they sell overhead light bars!

Thank you for taking your time and writing an in depth review. We really appreciate it, and i'm glad that you like them!

We could always find places to put more lights...

Originally Posted by mda0303
I read through all 37 pages and couldn't get definitive answers to a few of questions..

1) How close is the color on these to TruckLite's? Im super picky about fogs / headlights matching.

2) Does anyone have a pics of the smoked lens installed with TruckLites? I want to match them when they're off as well. TruckLites give a smoked impression.

I was about to click the order button on Rigid Dually's until i saw this thread.
From what my customers have said, who have Trucklites as well, they match really well. Almost an exact color match.

If you wanted then to match off as well, you would have to go with a smoked lens, that does cut light output though.

Overall everyone who has bought them to supplement their Trucklites have been very happy.

Originally Posted by Hack
mine arrived today...cant wait for all this damn snow to go away so I can install them...thanks sami...

That was quick! You're welcome! I responded to your PM also!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

No snow today...51 degrees....installed my cubes....can't wait til it gets dark...install went flawless....thanks to all the posts.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Ordered some Inspired decals today to go with my cubes ....
Old 02-23-2014, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Man...I love these lights....they surround the whole area around you with crisp white light.....great for watching for unwanted critters in your path...now if I could figure out how to mount a set on my Harley.......

Last edited by Hack; 02-23-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor

Man...I love these lights....they surround the whole area around you with crisp white light.....great for watching for unwanted critters in your path...now if I could figure out how to mount a set on my Harley.......

Thanks, we are glad that you like them!!

We should be sending your stickers out tomorrow, we are getting some more cut.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just ordered my cubes with the U brackets in the standard color and flood pattern.
also added the clip over amber covers for snowy crappy days. Nice little add on to keep in the jeep.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jeeptang
Just ordered my cubes with the U brackets in the standard color and flood pattern.
also added the clip over amber covers for snowy crappy days. Nice little add on to keep in the jeep.
Thanks for your order! Shipping tomorrow!

Send us a pic, we could always figure something out!!

Quick Reply: Finally Available: Plug and Play LED fog lamps. Don't miss this thread!