Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

HAWK BRAKE PAD BLOWOUT - Sale runs to November 16th - NOW IS THE TIME!

Old 10-15-2012, 04:08 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HAWK BRAKE PAD BLOWOUT - Sale runs to November 16th - NOW IS THE TIME!

2/4/13 Update - Since I never got back to all you guys on this, I'm extending the sale through the end of Feb.

10/25 Update - I'm running low on stock and a shortage looks to be eminent. I'll post an ETA on my next shipment ASAP

I just received a large order of Hawk Pads and am offering an unmatched deal of $129.95 and free USA shipping for Hawk LTS Front and Rear Brake Pad Set.

Now is the time check those pads. If you're even close, get in on this deal.

Post up and I'll PM the Forum Member's Link to you

Here's my take on Brake Pads (from my website)

My recommendation:
January 2010 Update. I've been gathering feedback from users, and everybody who has purchased the Hawks is very happy. The EBC's have caused some problems with rotors, for a couple of users. I've personally used both and have not seen any difference in braking power. For these reasons, I have chosen to no longer offer the EBC pads.
A primer on Brake Pads for wheelin:
Lets face it, the factory brake pads aren't the best in the world. About three months ago, I set out to find the best brake pad replacement that I could find. The options quickly became limited to Hawk, Akenobo and EBC. Akenobo has not developed a performance brake pad for the JK. Only an OEM replacement.

Where I personally needed extra braking performance is when I have a wheel dropping off of an obstacle, lets call it a rock. The technique that I use is to keep the Jeep in gear with my foot on the break. I like to push the break hard just as the wheel is dropping off the rock. It keeps the rig moving forward smoothly as if I had extremely low gearing. You don't see any of the pulsing motion that you get with an automatic tranny, or if you're trying to role down it in neutral. I had to hammer the brakes way to hard to get my rig to slow down and even with full foot to the floor the factory brakes are not enough. I now have that extra of braking power that I need. I've seen the difference.

I've spent the last six months testing the Hawk pads and I'm stoked with the result. A marked improvement in cold stopping power and that's just what we need for crawling around on the rocks with big tires.
I've also heard of guys with larger tires not having enough stopping power to get the ABS to kick in. I've not run into this myself, but have the piece of mind that I've done what I can to maximize the stopping power of the factory brake system. A larger brake system was too expensive for me to justify.
I talked with Hawk. They make a great product. From what they told me the benefits are more for racing. Most high performance brake pads are high performance because they have a strong bite when they get hot. I don't really care about bite when my brakes get hot. Why? because they never get really hot. I wanted cold stopping power. I'm offering Hawk brake pads, because I've had a great personal experience with them. I'm offering them because so many people have had great experiences with them.

Next section of text was stollen by me, from one of our fellow Jeep enthusiests:
Drill and slotted rotors help your braking if you are racing and generating very high heat. If you haven't smelled your brakes over-heating, they aren't going to do anything other than look neat for you. There is a TON of information out there about them if you take the time to read up on them. Drilled rotors are also prone to cracking and slotted rotors eat your pads quickly.

Pad compound does makes a difference in your ability to stop, as Woods stated. Pads that work great when they are very hot do not work as well when they are cool. Although, any new pad you put on your vehicle is going to feel better than a pad with a few thousand miles on them.

That being said, I have been using EBC green pads on my Mariner, and before that on my BMW and have always liked them. They are a little rough on the rotors, but I only ever have them turned once no matter what anyway.

The first brake change in my 328ci I used drilled and slotted rotors. 12k miles later my pads were shot and all of the rotors had cracks developing around holes. These were not cheapo ebay specials either, they were $125 bucks each IIRC. I threw the rotors away and when with a quality tradition rotor and that set of EBC greens lasted 30k miles.

Last edited by Woods; 02-04-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect timing, can you shoot me the link? Thanks!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do these work on 2007 JK ? Cheers. If so, I'd appreciate the link
Old 10-15-2012, 07:00 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

These work on all model JK's

Originally Posted by westchester
Do these work on 2007 JK ? Cheers. If so, I'd appreciate the link

PM's sent
Old 10-16-2012, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Link please. Gonna need new front pads soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 10-16-2012, 03:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd like the link please
Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

Link me. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:34 AM
JK Freak

Default I'm interested

I'm ready to change my pads. Send me the link, please.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:54 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

All PM's sent
Old 10-16-2012, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Woods.

What timing. I am in need of new pads all around
Can you send me the link to order. Thanks

Quick Reply: HAWK BRAKE PAD BLOWOUT - Sale runs to November 16th - NOW IS THE TIME!