Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Help me design a JK spare parts and specialty tool kit

Old 08-05-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Previously you mentioned a axle nut socket. When I changed out our stock driveshaft flanges 3 differant size sockets were needed to take the pinion nuts off. Maybe include a kit that has all 3? Not to mention some Red Loctite?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by UGOTKERN
Previously you mentioned a axle nut socket. When I changed out our stock driveshaft flanges 3 differant size sockets were needed to take the pinion nuts off. Maybe include a kit that has all 3? Not to mention some Red Loctite?
Loctite is never a bad thing to have on hand.

Is this a repair that would ever be done out on the trail? If so, do you recall the three sizes of sockets?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:00 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Woods
Loctite is never a bad thing to have on hand.

Is this a repair that would ever be done out on the trail? If so, do you recall the three sizes of sockets?
Not necessarily a "trail repair" item. Just figured if you were going to include a axle nut socket why not include all 3 just incase. I can only see a need if you broke a Drive Shaft and were going to replace it with a CV Style replacement that required differant yokes.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about a jeepSWAG trail trash bag to hang on the back? Ohh, and maybe a big mat to put on the ground.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Not sure if it would fit in the bag but I like to bring a couple of 12" or 18" pieces of 4"x4" or 4"x6" pine. It is a very innexpensive replacement for the aev jack base, a wheel chock for repairs, an impromptu hammer or fuel for the camp fire.

And you can never go wrong with a small can of WD40

Last edited by dadgummit; 08-05-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

how about some JB Weld for some emergency patchwork?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Woods,
Any idea when we could expect your tool kit to be available? Any ballpark on price?

The only reason I ask is that Sears has a big tool sale right now, but I'd rather give you my money for a complete kit.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

1 of every possible fuse that could blow. Industrial zip ties. A BIG breaker bar. Velcrow. Valve stems ask Eddie about that one. Tire plug kit. Bearing grease. Gasket maker cheese can as mentioned before. My diff cover bolts are 3/16" alan. I carry all size allan and torx. 17mm,18mm,19mm. A metal saw or all purpose saw. prybar. 14ga wire and splices. Hose clamps all sizes. All right I see I am getting carried away sorry. I think I just realised I caty way to much sh&(^ with me.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dwikto
1 of every possible fuse that could blow. Industrial zip ties. A BIG breaker bar. Velcrow. Valve stems ask Eddie about that one. Tire plug kit. Bearing grease. Gasket maker cheese can as mentioned before. My diff cover bolts are 3/16" alan. I carry all size allan and torx. 17mm,18mm,19mm. A metal saw or all purpose saw. prybar. 14ga wire and splices. Hose clamps all sizes. All right I see I am getting carried away sorry. I think I just realised I caty way to much sh&(^ with me.
Dude where does your family go in the Jeep on trips? Almost looks like a girls purse with all the stuff in there.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

All that is in 3 bags I carry about 10 total including full compliment of air tools and a ton of first aid stuff.

Quick Reply: Help me design a JK spare parts and specialty tool kit