Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Hey Teraflex

Old 12-08-2008, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are watching research and development happen before your very eyes. Kind of cool!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Mark D, how long have you and the other guy been running your arms backwards? I guess it's safe to assume that we have them on wrong, but will it really hurt anything? I really can't figure how it would, cause if it was a fixed arm with rubber bushings at both ends , or like the curries with joints at both ends , the end result is still there and the correct caster is still there. Maybe more flex, cause the joint is at the axle? I'm gonna change mine, but a few more days like it is can't hurt. Have you guys wheeled them with the arms wrong?
Not an expert but I would think at most you're giving up some added articulation at the extreme.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking , maybe an inch or less travel
Old 12-09-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking , maybe an inch or less travel
That would be my guess. And that may not even occur unless you have the entire TF control arm setup. I have just the front lowers and, as I've mentioned before, the way that Torn and I have them installed is much closer to the stock shape than the way TF says to install them. Not saying I won't change them to the way the TF says (I will), but I've had them for several months this way and they've run fine. I'm not in a particular hurry. Manana, manana. :-)

BTW: To avoid further confusion, I'm going to delete all my images/pictures relative to this. Don't want folks thinking that I have it the proper way should they stumble on them.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 12-09-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Mark, gonna change mine too, not in a hurry though.

Quick Reply: Hey Teraflex