Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Huge Sale on Engo Winches - Now With Synthetic Line!

Old 01-08-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10k

shoot me the price with shipping to 33760 clearwater fl. thanks gt 10k syn.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

10k with synthetic iine still in in stock? Same price?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, so I have really only one question. I know the pro's of synthetic lines but when Im looking at this pricing it makes no sense to me of the cost. When I am ready I will be buying a Engo for sure but wanted a better understading of why $429 for a 9K with synthetic line, while its $289 for a 9k with steel cable. Thats 140 more or in comparison nearly 50% of the total cost of the entire winch and cable when steel is used. Steel is a more costly resourse its self, than materials in synthetic lines. Is the price difference because people like and want the synthetic more, so price them more because you just.....can?

Dont want to sound like a jerk but am truely currious and thought there might be a reasonable explination for this that I just dont see.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by StrizzyChris
Ok, so I have really only one question. I know the pro's of synthetic lines but when Im looking at this pricing it makes no sense to me of the cost. When I am ready I will be buying a Engo for sure but wanted a better understading of why $429 for a 9K with synthetic line, while its $289 for a 9k with steel cable. Thats 140 more or in comparison nearly 50% of the total cost of the entire winch and cable when steel is used. Steel is a more costly resourse its self, than materials in synthetic lines. Is the price difference because people like and want the synthetic more, so price them more because you just.....can?

Dont want to sound like a jerk but am truely currious and thought there might be a reasonable explination for this that I just dont see.

It depends on the polymer. Some high-tech polymers are very expensive. And marketing, of course.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by StrizzyChris

Supply and demand. You charge what the market will bear. In other words, they do it because they can. I don't want to hear about expensive polymers because it might make me laugh and blow my drink out my nose.

I'll be paying the additional price because it is worth it to me, for the record.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dmwil
Supply and demand. You charge what the market will bear. In other words, they do it because they can. I don't want to hear about expensive polymers because it might make me laugh and blow my drink out my nose.

I'll be paying the additional price because it is worth it to me, for the record.
Well said!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got my 10k mounted and wired up.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2012, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

would it be possible to order one without line?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbie

What is the best bang for the buck regarding size of the winch? Ideal size...2012 JKU Rubicon
Old 01-20-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

ordered my E10000 today!!!

Quick Reply: Huge Sale on Engo Winches - Now With Synthetic Line!