Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

JK Auxiliary Roof Rack by MBRP-Forum Special

Old 11-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Auxiliary Roof Rack by MBRP-Forum Special

We have had some excellent feedback on our brand new roof rack design and would like to thank everyone for their comments. The response to this rack was so great both on the forums and at this year’s SEMA show it was phenomenal. On day two of the show we received a phone call from the company President telling our design team to fast track this piece and move it intro production ASAP.

We are going to offer an intro pricing special for forum members. Anyone wanting to place an order for this unit can simply contact me here on the site, through PM, email me at snairn@mbrp.com or call me in the office toll free at 1-888-636-7223. Unlike a group buy, we will not charge anyone's credit card until these racks are shipped to you. The first ten people to call us and place an order will guarantee themselves the intro price and first round of production units.

These racks are built out of extremely durable large diameter 2” - 16 gauge tubing. Each unit is fully Mig welded for rigid construction and powder coated for years of maintenance free enjoyment. Each rack will include all necessary hardware needed to install as well as detailed instructions to help make this an easy driveway install with common hand tools.

We will be offering various different bolt on accessories to hold everything from canoes, kayaks, skis/snowboards or even a luggage carrier. We are a also making a cage that will be high enough to hold things like an oversize spare, fuel, lawn chairs, and anything else you could think of putting on your roof.

The solid steel construction with interior bracing will make this rack extremely strong which is capable of being stood on, and supporting hundreds of pounds. There is an adjustable center bar that can be moved in order to fit different components onto our rack. Each rack ordered comes with 5 light tabs facing forward and two light tabs facing to the back as pictured on our prototype.

For the first ten members to call and confirm their orders the price will be as follows:

MSRP $950.00

Forum introductory price $699.00

If anyone has any question please contact me I am happy to help. Stay tuned as we launch a few more Jeep JK products over the next few days as well.

***Thule bike racks not included***
Old 11-13-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

That's a great introductory price. I like that it is low profile to the top. Do you have any pics from the top w/o the bikes? I would like to see how it goes across the roof.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

does it work with a soft top looks great though on the hard top. what's the wieght capacity? any worries about gear on top out on the trail? I like the way it's low to the roof line and looks almost like it should have come from the show room floorgood job.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

any pics on a 2dr? if i had a hard top i would be putting my order in but alas...i dont. lol
Old 11-13-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

Here are some pics of the rack from SEMA, inside and out.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by Robar
That's a great introductory price. I like that it is low profile to the top. Do you have any pics from the top w/o the bikes? I would like to see how it goes across the roof.
I will post some pictures of the top today for you. There is an adjustable centre bar so you can move it to fit different accessories.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd also be interested to know if it would work either without the top on or with a soft-top with modified rear windows. I really love the concept, just not sure if I would be able to make it work with my soft top.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by neopj3
does it work with a soft top looks great though on the hard top. what's the wieght capacity? any worries about gear on top out on the trail? I like the way it's low to the roof line and looks almost like it should have come from the show room floorgood job.
We have designed this rack to mount to both the hard top and the tub. We have not test fit it on a soft top at this point. In order to make something for the soft tops, we need to see how much demand there is for this design. How do JK owners want to mount a rack without a hard top? It would have to bolt to the side of the tub in order to clear the soft top.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by voodoojk
any pics on a 2dr? if i had a hard top i would be putting my order in but alas...i dont. lol
We will be installing the rack on a 2 door shortly and making sure it fits. We are hoping to use a similar design it not the same. I will let you know when we have pictures of it on the 2 door.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:43 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by Robar
Here are some pics of the rack from SEMA, inside and out.

Thank you for all the excellent photos!

Quick Reply: JK Auxiliary Roof Rack by MBRP-Forum Special