Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

NEW Self Defrosting Truck-Lite LED Headlamps & Review | Offroad Elements

Old 01-31-2014, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying TL won't honor the warranty on the lights and the heated lights are exclusive to Offroad Elements?
That's correct. Truck lite stated to me on the phone that since these are military lights and they don't recommend them for the h14. AND since the harness is being spliced on to the light then the company does not stand behind them. That's fine because as a dealer off-road elements will take care of any warranty issues!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HiHoSilver
That's correct. Truck lite stated to me on the phone that since these are military lights and they don't recommend them for the h14. AND since the harness is being spliced on to the light then the company does not stand behind them. That's fine because as a dealer off-road elements will take care of any warranty issues!
We do honor the Truck-Lite 3 year warranty these. We remove the military plug and use the Truck-Lite brand harness until they begin production on the H4 harness that the 27270C (Gen2 light) uses. This is why we offer plug options on our page. After speaking with my rep, this makes no difference besides the plug.

Truck-Lite product specification - "Retrofits any existing 7round headlamp application, 12v or 24v, as 9v-33v multivolt design operates in both 12v and 24v systems without adjustment"
Old 02-01-2014, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's awesome news!
Old 02-01-2014, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Adding a set of these in a month or so hopefully
Old 02-02-2014, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Can you PM the forum promo code plz. Thx
Old 02-03-2014, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just wanted to post up about my experience ordering these. Mine arrived today after ordering them Friday and they're great. As was mentioned in the later pages of the post the harness is different so these didn't plug into the pulse modulation harness I had for my previous Truck Lites. I sent Eric a message and tonight at 9:30 he got back to me probably within an hour of my sending him the message and he's going above and beyond to help me out. This goes a long way and it probably why they've got a thread dedicated to their awesomeness. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...edible-292483/

Last edited by etl330; 02-04-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by etl330
just wanted to post up about my experience ordering these. Mine arrived today after ordering them Friday and they're great. As was mentioned in the later pages of the post the harness is different so these didn't plug into the pulse modulation harness I had for my previous Truck Lites. I sent Eric a message and tonight at 9:30 he got back to me probably within an hour of my sending him the message and he's going above and beyond to help me out. This goes a long way and it probably why they've got a thread dedicated to their awesomeness. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...edible-292483/
Thanks

As we noted, these do come to us with the military plug which we remove and apply your choice of H4, H13, or H13 w/ PWM Harness. In order to re-use your PWM harness, it is required to have a H4 plug like the GEN2 has. Feel free to call, email, or PM with any questions or concerns.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I've now driven my Jeep through three snow storms with the Truck-Lites (Non-heated), and they are 1 for 3 in freezing over. We had a big snow Tuesday night, receiving 2" per hour at one point. The lights didn't freeze or even frost over, at all. The first snow was super cold with a wet snow, and they frosted over. The last two caused none. I was ticked I didn't wait for the heated lights, but I'm starting to realize there is a narrow band of conditions which will cause them to freeze over. When they did, they still put out more light than the standard headlights.

The heated ones are really neat, and I'd give them serious consideration if I had a do-over, but I'm not disappointed at all in the originals. I will note that I used 303 Aerospace Protectant on them. It acts a little bit like Rain-x. I doubt last nights snow would have stuck to them, anyway, but the 303 seems to work well. It will also protect the plastic lenses from UV rays, as a side benefit.

I'd like to see some pics of Jeeps with the defrosting Truck-Lites. Post 'em up!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

PM sent. Very interested in these.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Put my order in. Eric was great! He had told me he'd be in and out of the office, but had a pair set aside for me when I sent him a PM last night. Can't wait to get these installed and see the difference first hand!

Quick Reply: NEW Self Defrosting Truck-Lite LED Headlamps & Review | Offroad Elements