Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Northridge4x4 is expanding and needs your help

Old 04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to see a working Jeep waterfall or maybe a Northridge4x4 waterfall. Maybe some interactive displays, like a cross section of a rear end that is operational to show how the gears lube & w/ ratio charts and comparisons. Perhaps a small swag section with jackets, hoodies, shirts, caps, & gloves. A glass partition so, people can watch the work and install going on in the bays or a camera at each bay so a customer can watch their rig, from the show room. Oh, and a cute check out girl or two.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on a new store !!!!

I like the cute check out girl idea
Old 04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
For the showroom, how about a Jeep that people can walk underneath that has all the suspension and drivetrain components colored and labeled? Perhaps with an explanatory chart nearby to help people see and understand at the same time? You can hear people talk about different parts all day long. But I know that, for me, seeing = understanding.
Originally Posted by cactusjack
I really like this idea, especially the color coding part, for people like me who do not know what everything is for.
I like this one too!

How about you put a life size cut away Jeep put this on a giant rocky treadmill so we can see how it works at the same time?

...or you can just hang it. Just thinking out loud here.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

One more idea. How about a Northridge4x4 store in West Texas?
Old 04-22-2010, 02:20 PM
JK Freak

Actually, it'd be cool to see a frame only install of a lift. You know, completely remove the body and floorpan. Just have the frame, drivetrain and the lift/wheels/steering of your choice. Being able to just walk up and look at how things get installed would be a treat. Same for a diff. Have an axle on a stand, gear paint showing the contact pattern, along with an ARB and the line plumbed through the housing.

Bob K.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

I know you said you cant do anything outside, but how about an off road drive-thru for parcel pick up,(rocks and water and mud!) and set up and advertise regular customer workshops How to series ex: bumper instal, budget boosts, winch instals and how to use properly and safely etc.
best of luck with the new store and now that the western Canada store is up and running, how about an east coast local, like right here on the island.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubi with trek top 1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	62456  
Old 04-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Ice
JK Newbie

Hi Dave!
You need to have a "parts tree". basically a tree that you can hang parts that were destroyed while out wheeling. You could decorate it for christmas too!

Steve
PS: Love the PJ Bare Bonz crawler bumper you set me up with!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

what about a complete front clip from a jk? you could use it as a merchandising piece and put on new bumpers/fenders/lights on a weekly basis then have whatever product is on the front clip on sale inside the store and on the forum?
Old 04-22-2010, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

lots of really great ideas going on here. definitely stuff I'd love to see @ a shop

in general, the more interactive, hands-on and visual the set-up the more engaging, fun and inviting it will be.

•rotating customer rigs in a display area. yeah, I know I'd hate to not have my rig for any extended time period. but I'm sure some people have built jeeps that aren't their DD's and would love to show them off. also keeps the store space alive, always changing and fresh. maybe for a week at a time.

•thinking outside of the box (cost-wise) it would be pretty sweet to have a few rigs with different setups (33/35/37; BB/Coil/LA; etc). this way you could not only see the difference but drive them on that nifty test course you have to build. this way customers can feel the differences & benefits kinda like being able to test drive the Quadratec stages vehicles.

•classes/workshops: always a good idea to spread the knowledge and encourage new wheelers. I'm sure a local Jeep club could help run/organize it in exchange for a good meeting place and small discount.

Best of Luck on the venture (adventure!)... Looking forward to seeing where this project goes.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

you said you plan to have an internet cafe. For the chairs, make stools out of the stock rims.

For this, take the stock rim, and cut out a piece of plexiglass in the shape of a circle the identical size of the rim and glue it to the top with epoxy. Then, for the outside of the rim, where the "tire" would normally be, use black upholstery and the seat cushion yellow stuffing, this makes them WAY comfortable to sit at, and for the bottom just use a normal metal stool base. These are cheap to make and look really good, they draw a lot of attention.

For a tabletop you'll want something easy to clean and wipe down so either a table top of the black and white checkers that you'd normally see in a auto shop looks good, or if you take a regular table and lay down a map of the US, you can mark each of the most popular offroading spots with a brief description of each with possibly a picture or two. Afterwards you can cover this with plexiglass as well.

I have seen the stools with the checktop and they look awesome.

As for the walls, I'd have a before and after section of customers who have had work done at your shop with their signature and date on it. Also a section of the history of Northridge4x4 would be very cool. Say how it started, what you had to do to start it, how you expanded to online, how you branched out to the forums, and now, how you have expanded to such a large location.

In the lobby area have catalogs for your shop and possibly a bulletin board with your latest specials or deals, maybe have a few monthly specials each month for a certain % off of installation, or buy a certain part, get it installed free, ect . . . There could also be a large fishtank, a couple hundred gallons or so (kids love fish). Saltwater is cool but harder to take care of, freshwater is cake, just a decent cleaning every once in a while.

At the front counter you could have a monthly drawing for a gift card or something small, maybe something like the 25$ gift cards you are giving away now. With every purchase made the customer can get a slip to fill out for the drawing. Also if you dont want to do it by purchases, if you have a particular charity or cause that you care for, you can have entry cards for a dollar donation or so, and maybe do it every month or so.

For the ceiling you could have tread marks going around and possibly on the walls, with a saying like "Oh the places you'll go: Northridge4x4" or "The possibilities are endless: Northridge4x4" at the end of the treadmarks.

Quick Reply: Northridge4x4 is expanding and needs your help