Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Official Woods / JeepSWAG Product News Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any news on the front bumper? Did I miss it?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:21 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, haven't missed it. I just haven't had much time to get this ball rolling.

I have some prototype pics, but it's not perfect yet. I've got to make it a little wider and I need to do some work on the light mounts. As you can see in these pics, I've already beat on it some. Ya gotta love trail testing.

These pics show the bumper with the optional D-Ring mounts.

I hope to have the first production run finished in 3 to 5 weeks. If interested, PM me.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Looks good WOODS! Simple yet serves a purpose....
Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Will you be selling the optional D-ring shackle mounts separately?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:50 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by jjhinman
Will you be selling the optional D-ring shackle mounts separately?

Sure will. I'm hoping for a price of about $90 for the pair.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Bout freakin time. I LOVE IT. I want one. PM me price and shipping to abilene tx 79606 (military) BTW running your evap and SS stuff. you make a great product.

Edit. One more thing can you run this without the rubicon tow hooks? I want to sell mine.

Last edited by JulietKilo; 01-14-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice bumper. Functional!

Minor suggestions:

1) The lights should be mounted back farther. In some situations, the lights may hit an obstacle before the bumper will. If mounted slightly behind the bumper, they will be better protected.

2) Are your protecting the e-disco motor underneath? I see something hanging there. If you can incorporate a protective plate underneath together with rotating the e-disco upwards, it will make the entire bumper much better. Something like the Expedition One rubi plate, but integrated to the bumper.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:15 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

[QUOTE=VictorS;892068]Nice bumper. Functional!

Minor suggestions:

1) The lights should be mounted back farther. In some situations, the lights may hit an obstacle before the bumper will. If mounted slightly behind the bumper, they will be better protected.

2) Are your protecting the e-disco motor underneath? I see something hanging there. If you can incorporate a protective plate underneath together with rotating the e-disco upwards, it will make the entire bumper much better. Something like the Expedition One rubi plate, but integrated to the bumper.

I agree with mounting the lights further back. That's one of two changes that will be made to the final design.

I do have plans for the swaybar disco motor. Will be similar to the exp. one rubiplate.

I am also going to offer removable fog light mounts, that will mount under the bumper.

Thanks for the ideas. My products are better as a result of you guys looking over my shoulder.

Hey JulietKilo, I'm working on it brutha. I just need to get a couple more ducks in a row.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

Not much to say other than I like it. Nice touch on the side flares bent up.

But, make sure you post when you attempt a mid-width.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cappi's JKR
I don't really "get in to it" that often....occasionally when I'm trying to pass some idiot driver in front of me...lol
Weird thing is...it seems like my shift points have changed a bit...like I'm getting to 2500 rpm faster and at a slightly slower speed than I was before the mod. Then again, it could all just be in my head because, I really didn't pay much attention to it before modding...lol

P.S. If you have a 6 speed (with stock tires), let me know what you're rpm is at 60 mph.....thanks
i don't have the stockers anymore but it was over 2500 rpms that's for certain in 6th gear....i have the 4.10s though so that factors into it...

Quick Reply: Official Woods / JeepSWAG Product News Thread